[NL2-NL10] AJ hit TOP two fold vs reraise.

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $10.37
      BU:
      $6.32
      SB:
      $8.78
      BB:
      $4.00
      MP3:
      $9.28

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, J.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, 2 folds, BU calls $0.20BB folds.

Flop: ($0.47) A, 6, 8 (1 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.07) J (1 players)
      Hero bets $0.80,BU raises to $3.47 Hero folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.57.

There was something wrong when i converted the hand. So i wrote what actually happened :P So i make a standard raise with AJs from mp. Bu calls and the flop gives me TP3rdkicker so i bet for value. Villain calls my bet and the turn gives me top two pair. So i bet again and villain makes a BIG bet. I think for a while and fold.

To me this looks so much like a set. Calling a dry flop which couldnt have helped him much. The Jack on the turn completes no str8draws nor any other draws. Also since i have AJ i find it very unlikely that he has any weaker ace.

He actually showed me the pockes sixes when i folded so I feel this time it was a good laydown but is it a good one in general?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Definitely the laydown is very good just for the given reason you wrote yourself, he will just in most cases have a lot stronger hand there, and likely a set, such a play usually is a set play. Only reason why we could be able to Call is that we are against a maniac or something similar, and we had the stats for it.

Best regards.