This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - QQ preflop play

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $26,27
      MP3:
      $6,19
      CO:
      $32,7

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, Hero raises to $1,50, BB folds, MP3 raises to $6,19 (All-In), CO calls $5,94, Hero raises to $26,27 (All-In), CO folds.

Flop: ($38,90) K:heart: , 8:heart: , 7:diamond:
      Turn: ($38,90) 4:spade:
      River: ($38,90) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $38,90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Qs Jc)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qd Qc)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qd Qc)

My first shot into NL25 (just got the bankroll allowing it , so I'd like to be sure this is still correct at that limit. In NL10 it is, but here?
  • 3 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Nh, I'm pretty sure that this is correct at any limit, as you're not folding QQ vs 2 fishes ever, especially vs a short stack. Vs a CRAI from a 100bb I'm thinking about it as they are usually AA and I play based on reads.

Vs the CO you're happy to get it in pre and punish his weak range :s_biggrin:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      with aces you can maybe consider slowplaying but all the other strong hands you want to isolate shove yourself to make sure you´re hu against MP3 quite weak range and co might also call the shove with weaker hands so you don´t have to worry about postflop.
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      That was my thought process, great. TY guys.

NL25 just started. Fishes, be careful, the new fisherman's hungry :D