Yet another poker blog

• mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      Hello ppl,

My name is Marcelo Rauter and I decided to make this blog for motivational and tracking purposes. I am brazilian, but I am studing in Sydney right now, so I thought it would be +EV to post on the english forum (improve my english), even if I look more retarded (Bad english :f_mad: ).

Poker history:
      Heard about online poker in the end of 2009, played some play money on starts, heard about freerolls, played some freerolls on every site, managed to make some money (5$) and bust, then heard about pokerstrategy, got the 50$ on ipoker almost busted, then heard about BRM and I won it back.

After that I went to Sydney in august and stoped playing. I was happy, having a good time, trying to earn money to live (this city is fucking expensive), just to receive a mail from PS saying I was choosen to have a second starting capital on PartyPoker. I felt I had put too many time in poker and I could do better this time. So here I am, broken (real life), but happy.

current BR:
      108$ partypoker - MR_Rauter
      60$ Ipoker - mrauter

My best game is by far 6 max NLHE, this is the game I have made money so far (60$ on party and 30$ on ipoker), but HU hourly rate is better and I want to get better on it, so I will grind HUSNG on Ipoker until I have the bankroll to play nl100 HU cash.

Short term goals (One month):
      - Play 1000 HUSNG monthly.
      - 8% ROI on the 1$ and 2$ HUSNG (4 tabling).
      - move up to 5$ HUSNG before the end of january (01/31).

Long term goals (6 months):
      - Play 6000 HUSNG.
      - 5% ROI HUSNG all stakes.
      - start playing nl100 HU cash.

Methodology:
      My worse problem right now is lack of focus. Sometimes I say to myself I am going to play, but I start looking at forums, or watch youtube videos and I just don't play, don't look for work, I just do nothing else than waste my time and money (I am paying my expenses here, and it's not cheap). So to maintain my discipline I will follow these rules:

- dont play more than 12 days a month and no less than 10. (I am working right now, and looking to work more hours).
      - play long sessions (100 games).
      - Move up with 30 BI and move down with 35 BI of the level below at low stakes (can change if limit get tougher).
      - update this at least once a week.
      - follow the rules above.

That's it. Wish me luck. :f_grin:
  • 14 replies
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      Ah,
      I will start playing at second of january, at least 100 HUSNG.

Let's party and happy new year!! :tongue:
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      Ok,

Finished my first sessions and ended up 23$.

Results were good, but I just realized that playing 100 regular speed HUSNG in a day is very tiring. The session was longer than expected, more than 7 hours.

Maybe I will try to 6 table and mix turbos, or I will just have to cut the number of SNGs per day when class starts.

Results:
      avg ROI: 12%
      wins/losses: 61/39

played 20 1$ and 80 2$.

IPoker roll: 83$
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      Last session: 34$ up.

IPoker Bankroll: 116$.
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      1st day of challenge: +43$.

Playing 5$ husng today.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      seems pretty dramatic - if you make 3.5X BR in a week you turn pro and use poker as a income source. but if you make just 2.5 Xyour BR in a week you quit poker?

good luck anyway
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      if you wanna win high play high.

u have 3k$ br and u play 1$ games?

• mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      seems pretty dramatic - if you make 3.5X BR in a week you turn pro and use poker as a income source. but if you make just 2.5 Xyour BR in a week you quit poker?

good luck anyway
      Actually it is pretty dramatic, because I need money. Or I focus on poker or I focus on a regular job. Anyway, if I see that poker can be as profitable as a job for me, I will stick to poker.

if you wanna win high play high.

u have 3k$ br and u play 1$ games?

If I had 3K I would be playing NL50 cash :f_mad: , unfortunately my bankroll is 280$, and 108 of that is on partypoker.

Well, Shit session yestarday, was running pretty bad and tilted a little, 8,6$ profit.

Total for the challenge: 52$.
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      Short-term impressions:

Top pair never hold.

Against a maniac u will not hit. NEVER!

If you are a 60/40 favorite you wil loose 80% of the time.

AA and KK are the worse hand.

When you have overpair they have two pair, when you have two pair they have trips, when you have trips they have fh, when you have fh they have 72o.

After 3 sessions breaking even I will take a day off, too tilted ATM to play reasonable well.
    • jpegz
      jpegz
      Bronze
      ur just gonna be pulling ur hair out after the week
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      I DID IT!

no, I didn't :f_cry: , for some reason top shark is doubling the number of sng I played, as well as profit.

Total profit for the challenge is 130$, not even near what I was expecting. I made that in 2 days then had the worst downswing I ever had.

I was running like shit durning the challenge, and I was tilting at every cooler and suckout. Then I read an article about mindset and downswig and realized how dumb this challenge was. Because of this short-term mindset I would tilt after losing 2 games. So I stopped.

At least I learned a lesson: don't set yourself a short-term monetary goal.
      Next time it will be a volume challenge.

And, no, I will not stop playing. I just love this game too much! :f_love:
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      After last post it becomes interesting, monetary goals are poker player worst enemy. GL with your volume challenge, keep us informed ;)
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      So, after 2 months here I am again...

First reason I didn't played for more than 40 days was lack of motivation. Running 30 BIs under ev is not fun, neither 500 games breaking even.

Second: Classes started, so yeah... less 6 hours in the day.

Third: Parties were too good.

Fourth: laziness.

But like Urubu111 says: I am brazilian and never give up (who reads 2p2 knows what im talking about).

Started to play again in march and things went better. 153 games, 111,00$ in winning and 15.83% ROI, including a 14 games winning streak this saturday :f_biggrin:

I think I am playing very well and feels like outplaying any reg in my limits...

Buuuut, now I am struggling to put in any decent volume. While before I was a volume machine playing 600 games in a week, now I can't seem to play more than 20 games a session, when I play. Some days I am just afraid I will not play my A game, and don't play at all.

My winrate has improved drastically over this period, but I have to put more volume if I want to achieve my goals.

So how do you guys do to keep playing your A-game constantly?
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      Week's goal: 800 strategy points till 01/04.
    • mrauter
      mrauter
      Bronze
      Well, got totally tired of playing shallow stacks and getting cold decked every fu***** time the stacks are below 20bb in HUSNGs. According to HEM my winrate below 20bb effective stacks is -1.45bb/100. Above 20bb eff. stacks is 28bb/100.

Conclusions:
      - I suck at shortstacking.
      - I will be better playing cash.

So went back to the ring tables and guess what???

I AM CRUSHING!!! :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

posted this on the "your successes forum":

Moved up to NL10 today. Result:

[img][IMG]https://img847.imageshack.us/img847/2163/nl10a.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
      edit: The image is terrible - from left to right: 1st table 19.7$, 2nd 45.77, 3rd 30.29, 4th 12.5, 5th 21.09 (the last one is nl4).

and i closed a table with 30$ before. I endend up 113$ over 1515 hands, 30$ came from nl5 :s_cool: .

pretty stats:

[img][IMG]https://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8194/statsejs.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

I'm feeling so confident in my game it is amazing, my winrate is more than 30bb/100, over a small sample ofcourse, but I realy think my real winrate against the ppl i have played is 20bb/100+.

My strategy is to play every playable hand against the fish, and just crush the regs, who are very bad in general. easy game....

giraffe:

[img][IMG]https://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7875/graph2vo.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

c ya :f_biggrin: