SSS: Doubled Up, Final Orbit - How tight to play?

• ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Okay so I continuously find myself playing extremely tight after I have doubled up on a table for the remaining hands until the BB reaches me again. Is this caution healthy? I thought it made sense until I realised it might negate the point in waiting for the BB entirely and I may as well just leave as soon as I double up.

By extrememly tight I mean pretty much only AA and KK, maybe QQ.

This thought struck me today as i had AK in middle position after a double up and folded it because i just didn't wanna risk my profit.

Thoughts?
  • 6 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      after having doubled up, you should end your blind turn playing only AA and KK i guess.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      you can play Ak in middle position if you can handle variance. The problem of course is, that you can't play sss anymore, because your stack is too big for the "going all in as soon as possible"-approach.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      you can play Ak in middle position if you can handle variance. The problem of course is, that you can't play sss anymore, because your stack is too big for the "going all in as soon as possible"-approach.
      Agreed. I was considering limping with AK in this situation as an after thought. If i hit I can bet and be pretty sure of the pot (although not as sure as I would of been if I'd of raised obviously) but if I miss then I've only lost 1 BB.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Dont limp AK. Check BSS starting hand chart, and play accordingly.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Utahmar
      Dont limp AK. Check BSS starting hand chart, and play accordingly.
      But I'm not a big stack :P Hell, I'm barely an average stack.

I can see where your coming from though..
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi ManniXXX!

If you are not sure how to play an average stack because you need some more experience to handle the complicated postflop game I recommend that you just play KK and AA and simply push them all-in preflop. That should keep you out of trouble and save money.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81