[NL2-NL10] nl4 flush+straight draw

• Filipstan
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, A.
      UTG2 calls $0.04, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($0.7) T, 7, Q (3 players)
      MP2 bets $0.50, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.7) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.81, Hero calls $0.81.

River: ($3.32) K (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.00, MP2 calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $5.32.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, ace high(J A).
      MP2 shows two pairs, kings and queens(K Q).

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(J A).

Was my play correct, i was thinking to go all in on the flop, is that smart or the hand was good played. dont mind the result
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja

No need to post results, they are not needed to evaluate hands, so in future, please hide them.

I'd say it's fine overall although with calling preflop we kinda sign that we can get into some trouble spots if MP2 or MP3 has AQ/AK, so if they are possibly folding to 3bets/cbets and are not total nits we can 3bet it, although calling and playing IP is pretty fine choice and it's fine to avoid clumsy 3bets pot spots.

I'd play the same way on flop and turn, because if we raise, it's hard to say whether he's calling with hands like KQ/JQ, so if we raise and he 3bets it's pretty much two pair+ and that's not too great option for us given our equity against them, so calling IP and keeping worse hands in given our bunch of outs is ok.

I'd make it more on river, because I think he may call with enough worse hands.

Good luck!