[NL20-NL50] 50Nl rush, KK 3bet pot, river play

• ArtisSkirpa
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, CO calls $4.00.

Flop: ($11.25) J, 9, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, CO calls $5.50.

Turn: ($22.25) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $12.50, CO calls $12.50.

River: ($47.25) J (2 players)
      Hero ?

Villain is 19/16. 3.6 af, 57% fold to 3bet, 61 fold to cbet, 50 fold to 2-barrel, 28 WTSD over 750 hands.

I have a note that he flats 3bets IP really wide, unfortunately, no specific hands, so an old note I guess because I make them more detailed now.

I think the hand is very standard until the river.
      The J on the river obviously improves some of his range, given the fold to 3bet stat and the note he should have a lot of Jx hands in his range. But I also think it makes it easier for him to call with some 9x hands, TT, he definitely also can have QTs that he didn't raise the flop with ,I don't think he has QQ+ in his range, I would expect a good reg to 4bet those pre vs me always.

I'm completely torn on this river, I guess all the options: ch/c, ch/f and jam, all are equally good/bad. So what do you think the best play is vs this villain on this river card?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      I think he can´t really have there too many Jx hands, unless he has there KJ/AJ. But since his fold to 3-bet is quite small I think he can also have there wider range that would get to the river. So I´m not really going to c/f as strong hand as mine.
      So I would either c/c or shove depends mostly my image and how showdown happy he is.