This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - AA, How to play if I was the villian?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10
      MP2:
      $9,75
      Hero:
      $10
      BU:
      $23,42

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:spade: , 9:club:
      MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, BU calls $0,40, SB folds, BB raises to $0,70, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,30, BU calls $0,30.

Flop: ($2,25) 9:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets $2,25, Hero calls $2,25, BU folds.

Turn: ($6,75) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB raises $7,05 (All-In), Hero calls $7,05 (All-In).

River: ($20,85) 3:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20,85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, nines full of threes (9s 9c)
      BB shows (Ad Ac)

Hero wins with a full-house, nines full of threes (9s 9c)

How to play this hand if I were the villian (BB, with pocket aces). First of all bigger preflop raise, thats obvious. But postflop.
      - Betting flop seems mandatory.
      - The board is on low cards, we cannot put our enemy to have hands like 94, 32 etc. I also think with a bigger re-raise cards lower than pocket 7 will fold most of the time.
      - The turn is 3, we might be able to put him on A5s. So I'd still bet here, about half of pot size.
      - River, since I am so committed, I don't see myself not calling down his possible shove. So check/call?

This is near unavoidable?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think bet/bet/shove is fine play if you have aces that spot.
      I´d only bet smaller but I don´t really think I should get away my hand, since although villain sometimes have set and I´m valuedowning myself I think he still can have there worse hands, like TT/JJ/9x which would call me down.