best sng site for ps members

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello everyone i'm fairly new (yes was chasing the $50!!) but realised just how much more this site is worth than that!!

My question is; I am already a member of full tilt, 888 and titan so cant join these with the money i won from the quiz, Im really interested in sng's(have been trying to go it alone for sometime and getting nowhere!!) Was thinking of joining "party poker" site would this one be ok for this site is it compatilble with the lessons and coaching?
      Sorry if im coming over a bit dumb here just dont want to waste the bankroll! Which I have done many times before!lol

Im not going to be playing the $50 dollars for quite a few weeks as I really want to get all the info and lessons from the site into my head first as i normally fire straight into things and then learn the hard way, I would prefer if I could stop doing that!!lol :P

Thanks and happy new year

Roo
  • 15 replies
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      partypoker take a crap load of rake at the low stakes Sng's making it pretty hard to make a decent profit.
      If its avalible go for pokerstars, biggest site, best traffic etc and the rake is is not too bad.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by weller123
      partypoker take a crap load of rake at the low stakes Sng's making it pretty hard to make a decent profit.
      If its avalible go for pokerstars, biggest site, best traffic etc and the rake is is not too bad.
      Big big thanks!!! it's great to have some decent advice instead of just going all-in :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Just relised stars is not on offer!!

the only sites on offer are:

• Full Tilt Poker(not this one as already have membership)
      • PartyPoker
      • William Hill
      • Cake Poker

What do you think guys?
    • BurningHand
      BurningHand
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper

• PartyPoker
      • William Hill
      • Cake Poker

What do you think guys?
      friends told me that SnGs at Cake and PartyPoker really sucks, really bad rake at low limits and you have to wait a lot till all seats are taken. i dont know about william hill but i suggest that if you really want SnG search for william hill...

otherwise you can deposit on Party or Cake, earn the required points in order to be able to withdraw the money and then deposit on PokerStars.

hope i helped
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BurningHand
      Originally posted by roopopper

• PartyPoker
      • William Hill
      • Cake Poker

What do you think guys?
      friends told me that SnGs at Cake and PartyPoker really sucks, really bad rake at low limits and you have to wait a lot till all seats are taken. i dont know about william hill but i suggest that if you really want SnG search for william hill...

otherwise you can deposit on Party or Cake, earn the required points in order to be able to withdraw the money and then deposit on PokerStars.

hope i helped
      Thanks!

now I have had a day on this site I'm not that bothered about the 50$ thing as although it was my reason for finding this site and I can use it for practice think I'm going to sign up to stars in a few weeks with my own roll and really get the benefit from this site :)
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Play on Full Tilt Poker
      the 27% rakeback will be SUPER beneficial in the long run, trust me. significantly lower rake than PartyPoker, too.
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      He already has an account on full tilt so wont be able to get the starting capital there. PartyPoker is your best shout.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Just remember Party only offers $1 Turbo SNGs and the blind structure is realy bad. I have never played on any other site appart from FTP, but as you cant go there I dont realy have an Idea.
    • bangmesilly
      bangmesilly
      Bronze
      Full tilt must be the no 1 choice for SNG turbo would be my choice personally as the rake is less and thier tournaments fill quickly.
      I have accounts on Full Tilt , Party poker and William hill so my choice of site was simple . Cake is very slow in filling up there SNG . Party Poker take too much rake at the lower levels , William hill I cannot coment on as Ive lost my password and havent played on for nearly 2 years so deffinately Full Tilt.
    • Fiszy
      Fiszy
      Bronze
      I'd also like some advice on this. I'm currently spamming $1 SNG's at PartyPoker and I seem to be doing okay, coming 2'nd quite consistently. Now I wonder if PartyPoker is really the best place for me to continue doing them, as the prizes seem low compared to other platforms I've used. I really enjoy SNG's and most certainly I'll be wanting to make them my primary focus, so what would be the best place for me to play them at low levels? I find that the PartyPoker players are generally quite bad so I don't want to pick another platform where the players are vastly improved in skill level otherwise I'll be out of my league. Will Full Tilt be suited to me as well?

Sorry for the immense noob question about to follow, but what is rakeback?

EDIT: Also, is there a major difference in skill level between $1 and $3 SNG's? I'm getting a bit impatient with the low prizes at PartyPoker and might give the $3 ones a try, even though my bankroll is low for the moment.

And should I keep practising with the ICM trainer, or have I gotten maximum usage out of it by now since I am consistently reaching at least second place? I think it really has done wonders to prepare me for SNG's thus far.
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fiszy
      I'd also like some advice on this. I'm currently spamming $1 SNG's at PartyPoker and I seem to be doing okay, coming 2'nd quite consistently. Now I wonder if PartyPoker is really the best place for me to continue doing them, as the prizes seem low compared to other platforms I've used. I really enjoy SNG's and most certainly I'll be wanting to make them my primary focus, so what would be the best place for me to play them at low levels? I find that the PartyPoker players are generally quite bad so I don't want to pick another platform where the players are vastly improved in skill level otherwise I'll be out of my league. Will Full Tilt be suited to me as well?

There are a lot more regulars FT even at micros - so stick with PP until you build you bankroll and experience.

Sorry for the immense noob question about to follow, but what is rakeback?

Every time you play a part of you entry fee is rake (this is where sites make their money) - in rake-back deals each week you get a percentage of that rake back - doesn't make much odds at micros unless you are doing serious volume.

EDIT: Also, is there a major difference in skill level between $1 and $3 SNG's? I'm getting a bit impatient with the low prizes at PartyPoker and might give the $3 ones a try, even though my bankroll is low for the moment.

If you don't learn anything else from this site learn BRM (Bankroll Management) - you have to grind and you have to be patient - if you can't do this then I would suggest you give up now (from your earlier posts it appears that you regularly lose you Bank Roll)

And should I keep practising with the ICM trainer, or have I gotten maximum usage out of it by now since I am consistently reaching at least second place? I think it really has done wonders to prepare me for SNG's thus far.

Definitely.... You may be consistently coming second, but you are obviously losing a lot (or your bankroll would have grown enough to give you a shot at $3) - I play $12 and still practice. And why stop until you are consistently coming first ?

Cheers

Jass :D

• Wohmfg
      Wohmfg
      Silver
      Does anyone know where I can find all the tournament fees for SNGs for all the different poker sites, especially at the micro limits?

I was thinking about putting my first deposit of my actual money into either PokerStars or FullTilt, as the fees at PartyPoker (where I put my free $50) are ridiculous at the low buy-ins. I was tending towards these sites because of the high traffic and lower fees.

Any recommendations?
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wohmfg
      Does anyone know where I can find all the tournament fees for SNGs for all the different poker sites, especially at the micro limits?

I was thinking about putting my first deposit of my actual money into either PokerStars or FullTilt, as the fees at PartyPoker (where I put my free $50) are ridiculous at the low buy-ins. I was tending towards these sites because of the high traffic and lower fees.

Any recommendations?
      if this doesn't already exist it seems like a nice idea for a website to make some $$$ :)

What sng's which site offers, the rake, timing of the blinds, starting stacks vs first blind level ratio and so on...
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      get out ur 50$ capital after you clear it and put it on FT or Stars, if you plan to grind hard and move up limits, imo go with stars.
    • Wohmfg
      Wohmfg
      Silver
      Thanks for the input guys.

Originally posted by OZSA
      get out ur 50$ capital after you clear it and put it on FT or Stars, if you plan to grind hard and move up limits, imo go with stars.
      Any particular reason? More traffic at the higher buy-ins? Easier at the higher buy-ins?