Cryo-Blog : Crushing The Micros - (24 tabling NL5 FR)

• CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Buongiorno,

[ Why blog ] Today is the first day of January and the first day of 2011 so I thought it would be a good idea to start a blog and mainly use it to track my progress , to make myself work harder and obviously to get some feedback from you guys!

[ Who am I ] I’m 18 and on my last year in high-school, I`ve been playing poker for 3 years now but didn’t do so great, just some small cashes buying stuff I needed.

[ Poker ] Used to play SSS some long time ago, then tried some Bss, then moved to sng’s and finally got back to cash (Bss).Played like 250k hands per total.

[ Goals ] Get as high as possible ... so I can pay my future studies in England.(to be updated)

Starting BR: 130$. Limit:NL2-NL5 - Full Tilt

That`s all I wanted to say for now, hope to make something good out of this.See ya later!:f_biggrin:

*more details coming soon, have to play now :D ...
  • 16 replies
    • lolinux2002
      lolinux2002
      Bronze
      good luck man !!!!
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      I would also wish you good luck. I'm doing something similar, but the only difference is that I don't have so much free time as you do, so I guess you can overtake me very fast :D .

Anyway, I'll check your blog regularly.

My blog: My NLHE blog

Regards!
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      the trick is to run good :) good luck
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Ok...so change of plans...I deposited 130$ on Full Tilt and started to play SH on nl5 ( advice given by a good friend of mine ).

I`ve been playing for 6120 hands now.

Been studying quite a lot, hand posting on the (romanian) forum, I`m in several study groups right now...and watching some of BalugaWhale`s videos.

So... this blog is meant to make me learn more, track my progress and most of all share thoughts with you guys..so I`ll have to beat my laziness and start posting once a day or two..

Ok..thats all for now..I have to go watch the 3'rd ep of BalugaWhales 'Coaching Kristy'..I`ll come back later with some new goals..

Love Cryo.. :f_biggrin:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Been reading BalugaWhale`s book Easy Game..and really tring to learn a lot from it... I think I`m gonna` readit several times, and also I'm watching his series .. I`m at ep 4 now.

I`ve been recently thinking of coming up with plans for improving my overall strategy like firstly trying to improve my pre-flop game.So...

I wish to get my pre-flop game to as close to 'perfection' as possible in the next 2 weeks (or at least try to improve it big time), the idea behind it being that you can't play decent post-flop if u don't have a (very) good pre-flop.

Objectives :

:spade: Set myself an advanced open-raising (chart) .. based on table dynamics
      :spade: polarized 3-bet ranges (bluff raising and value)
      :spade: when to call profitably

To track my progress I think I`m gonna` use the Leak Buster in Holdem Manager (the score column) or some filters..

Actually I don't know how to effectivly track my pre-flop progess...do u guys have any idea?
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      10K hands - Session Review

This was my first week of playing after a long time off the game...so I had to basically start over.

So the first week was a combination of Bad-Play - Tilt and some bad beats...but the good thing a learned quite a lot from the hands I discussed with my buddies on skype and watching the vids + 'Easy game'..finished Vol.1 :D

Graph:

Besides the fact that I have heaps to do...improving my game.. one thing that really worries me is the Positional stats...especially the BTN..I don't think I should lose $ from that postion..altough I do..and another problem is the SB, where HM says I`m too lose..

Overall :

:diamond: BR: $83 (- $75) (the First deposit helped me cuz` I would have been much worse)
      :diamond: EV$ - $55$
      :diamond: HM LeakBuster Score - 8.03 (started from 7)
      :diamond: Cleared $26 from the 130$ Bonus

So yeah...back at NL2, got to have a good BRM, and when I`ll get back to $100...I`ll take a shot at nl5 again...hope it will go well..

Love Cryo... :f_biggrin:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Ok .. so didn't updated for a long time cuz` of lazyness basically but I`ll try to post daily this time the reason would be that I`ll have to take the IELTS test in 2-3 weeks so... I need to write more :D

So .. in poker terms...I just wanna say things are not working...tried in the last 4 days to not look at my results at all..but the thing is I`m still losing quite a bit.I was about to switch to FR...but then I thought of my qoute - Never give up! and combined with me stumbling upon an interesting thought in Citizenwind`s blog on CR :

Oh, so just a word on the two biggest leaks I'm seeing in rush players(irrelevant): 1) You see too many flops without the betting lead and then just spew when you flop a mediocre made hand, like calling 3 bets with AQ vs. the UTG raiser on A-high (which is SO bad). 2) You c-bet too much. If your non-showdown winnings are atrocious, you might want to consider dropping your cbet frequency to the low 50's, and start giving up considerably more often than you normally would. You'll end up c/fing a lot more flops, which will feel weak, but you'll also barrel / give up a lot less. Remember, c/fing the flop is a net loss of 3bbs. When you cbet and give up, you're giving up 7.5bbs. So c/f TWO AND A HALF TIMES is about the same price as bet/giving up ONCE. Throw in some bluff check/raises on the flop, and now you're monstering.

The second part catched my eye...My red line really is at a 45 degree going straight down... and my c-bet is like 65%... I`ll try to reduce that to 50%.
      Another big leak I have seen on HEM is my BB play especially vs SB, losing quite a bit there...and I should start calling and 3-betting more in the BB at a 30% vpip , having said that I will:

:diamond: Try to improve my NSDW line [ ]
      :diamond: Find more profitable spots to C-bet [ ]
      :diamond: Reduce my c-bet to ~50% and see the result [ ]
      :diamond: Learn more about playing in the BB [ ]
      :diamond: Start winning in the BB vs SB and getting to a 30% vpip [ ]

Thats all for now...I`ll update soon! :heart:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      :diamond: Update :diamond:

Hi ladies,

(Re)Change of plans lately, switched to FR...and it seems I`m crushing it.Don't really know what's the problem with sh...but I just can't win there..eh`..no matter..I adjusted..and I`m finally starting to win some bi's :f_biggrin:

Playing 16 table FR nl2, I don't like the thinking aspect of playing a lot of table..but hey..as long as I`m winning I'm not complaining.Attached a graph for today's session :

Really like the NSDW line :f_love:

So yeah that's all for now...I`ll keep playing FR and see if I can keep the upswing AND watch videos on CR cuz` I have a free week! :D and probably switch to nl5 soon... :heart:

BR: $86
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      Let's grind up the micros together!

Stick to the proper BRM and only go up when you hit a certain target($125 if you follow pokerstrategy) Or else you will feel affected by your bankroll when making decisions! :f_grin:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Very true there sir...very true :D

That's actually my plan..to switch to NL5 when I get to $125-$130 :D

Where are u playing? :D .. nl 2 as well?details..I`m curios :f_biggrin:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Olla,

Today I played 3237 hands, didn't go quite well..I runned into a lot of bad-beats and some tilt maybe...but yeah..I`m still up cuz` of the FD bonus.

Graph:

Also I watched Verneer's Mt Micro Part 3 today and planing on watching some VitalMyth videos for Session reviews.

Hope tomorow will better, really want to take some shots at nl5 when I get to $120-130..will see...

BR: $93
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      I'm currently grinding at nl5 sir. Just moved up a couple of days ago. My BRM is a lot more conservative then most. Just so The amount of money dun affect me. Good luck with your grind and maybe we can sweat a few sessions out sir!
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      @summermonkey - Tx man..yeah of course .. some swats would be ok!Gl to u 2! :D

Played 2k hands today(only)..had some things to do..and I`m really not pleased of what I`m playing..the sessions always tend to go up for the first 1000 hands..and then down for the next 1k...I`m certainly making a lot of mistakes and there's the tilt...

So .. been thinking about playing until $150 and only then try to shoot at nl5..so yeah..still have some to go..

aand I`ll play 2 sessions of 1.5 h each with a break between them and not a single session of 3h...hope to see some changes by doing this

Nighty night! :heart:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Olla! :D

Played a bit in the last days...switching between nl2 and nl5.Tried to play as mistake-free as possible...and it seem its working for the moment...but yeah its still nl5..so I don't need that much talent to beat the pour guys there :s_cool:

Graph for the last 2 days:

It's a combination of nl2 16 table ( the first half) and nl5 9 table (the second one).I think I'm going to play 12 table of nl5 starting with tomorow cuz I have like 28 bi`s for the limit.

Been watching some videos of FR on CR and now I'm gonna go watch a [vital]mith vid about HM analysis :f_love:

BR: $142

See ya, Cryo out! :heart:
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      Hi guys! :D

Lot of time has passed since my last post but this time I`ll try to keep up with it and post more regularly.

So, moved my Br from FT to Stars for the First deposit bonus, being doing quite well there playing nl2 at first and nl5 the last week.I`m focusing more on multy-tabling (24 tables).I`m using Ninja table.

So far the only problem that is bugging me is my psychological state I have to work a TON on that...maybe more than the strategy of the game it self (I`m talking here about nl5).The ideea is if I just concetrate and play my A game I just CRUSH nl5 so yeah..I`ll try improving on that!

Graph:

Weekly Challanges:

[ ] Don't watch my BR (cashier) till` the end of the week (Sunday)
      [ ] Don't look at graph till' the end of each session

[ ] Get Silver on Stars

[ ] Watch a Video/day with notes
      [ ] Post/Discuss at least 1 Hand/day
      [ ] Read 4 Gold articles
    • eestimees900
      eestimees900
      Bronze
      good luck man