This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - KK on drawy board

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $43,86
      MP3:
      $23,83
      Hero:
      $25

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , K:club:
      MP3 calls $0,25, CO folds, Hero raises to $1,25, SB calls $1,15, BB folds, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($4,00) Q:club: , 8:diamond: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $2,8, SB calls $2,80, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($9,60) 6:diamond: (2 players)

SB checks, Hero bets $4,48, SB calls $4,48.

River: ($18,56) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero raises $16,47 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $35,03

I think the play until river is standard. I Bet turn for protection against a Ad, and for value against most hands of his range.

I'm not sure about my value-bet river. His passive line suggests me that he doesn't have the flush (I assume it would have been value-betted on the river), so I decided to value-bet against queens or things. But I am wondering if a queen would call here or if I would only be called by sets/2pairs on here? Or maybe my bet river also have some fold equity against 2pairs or stuff? Anyway, I don't think it is well played, but I am a little lost when thinking about it, I only think that I should have took the check behind?

Do you have any comments?
  • 3 replies
    • niveaformen
      niveaformen
      Gold
      I don't like bets, flop u can make it 3.25-3.75, turn also at least 6.5-7.5 and then it's izi decision on riv...

If I see well, his stats are 77/0 (?), then would bet on bigger side
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      You're right about my turn sizing. Closer to 7$ might have been better. I didn't want to commit myself while playing that's why my turn bet is so small (1/2 pot is not too tiny either, so I though it was playable)
      On the flop I did bet the same amount I bet on such flops vs 2 opponents (just below 3/4potsize)

And yep, his stats even got worse after more hands!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also prefer bigger turn bet to get value from worse hands and since you also hold K high flushdraw I think you can´t really b/f there
      I´d also shove river. He should all you down with Qx