[NL2-NL10] pot control then confusion!

• THEDEATHSTRIKER
      THEDEATHSTRIKER
      Bronze
      Hi, I thought I would protect my hand and try control the pot on the flop then sort of lost it after that. I am trying to analyse my game. I see what I could do more clearly after the hand is over. Your comment is eagerly awaited and thankyou for your time.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter: Play hand $0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed) Known players:
      SB:
      $4.88
      BB (Hero):
      $5.80
      UTG2:
      $7.09
      MP1:
      $4.39
      MP2:
      $4.21
      MP3:
      $4.56
      CO:
      $2.27
      BU:
      $4.11
      Preflop: Hero is BB with K, T. 4 folds, CO calls $0.04, BU folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero checks. Flop: ($0.12) K, Q, J (3 players) SB checks, Hero bets $0.09, CO calls $0.09, SB calls $0.09. Turn: ($0.39) 5 (3 players) SB checks, Hero bets $0.38, CO folds, SB raises to $0.76, Hero raises to $2.66, SB raises to $4.56, Hero calls $1.90. River: ($9.51) 9 (2 players) SB raises to $0.19, Hero calls $0.19. Final Pot: $9.89.
  • 2 replies
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      Pot control means checking back with intenion to keeping it small.
      For the hand: everything before the turn looks fine. I would bet smaller on the turn, but thats not a big mistake I guess. What I don't like is your turn 3bet, becouse after his raise you are most likely behind, but given the odds you can still call to chase your draw. And if you had played like that I think its also important not to over estimate your hand if the river is K or 9
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Indahaus
      Pot control means checking back with intenion to keeping it small.
      For the hand: everything before the turn looks fine. I would bet smaller on the turn, but thats not a big mistake I guess. What I don't like is your turn 3bet, becouse after his raise you are most likely behind, but given the odds you can still call to chase your draw. And if you had played like that I think its also important not to over estimate your hand if the river is K or 9
      +1
      Just call turn c/r, since he doesn´t really c/r too many worse hands and 3-betting you´re just building big pot likely being behind