[NL2-NL10] AQs reraised post flop - instafold?

• hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

[I][url=http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/handreplayer/forum/564182/]

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $17.76
      MP3:
      $5.05
      CO:
      $1.93
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB (Hero):
      $5.00
      BB:
      $4.55

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.3) 8, 7, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB raises to $0.88.

Hero ????????

From what I've noticed in the micros, this only happens on three occasions...

1) trips
      2) draw semibluff
      3) AA, KK

With no draw myself, I either instafold because he has 100 BB and may have called me preflop with a small or mid pair with call20 in mind. Or, I call him down, hoping later streets do not complete the draw. I do not fear KK or AA because he would have reraised such an obvious blind steal attempt by me preflop.

Personally, I lean towards calling, but I am uncomfortable with that because I know I will be facing more bets and I only have TPTK.

Thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hackbinder,

I am not saying that it's an insta fold, it a lot depends on the opponent. Sometimes they tend to take such lines also with bluffs and might also be with draws or even with weaker Qx. Against some aggressive opponent, who could take stabs on us I would consider Calling but against some more passive guy, I'd rather just fold the hand. For example if he had draw, then he most often would Check behind the turn, otherwise if not then likely would be big with strong hands. As played if we are against unknown, I'd rather tend to fold, since those players on NL5 don't bluff that often and also the raise seems to be kinda strong, which is representing a strong hand.

Best regards.
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      thank you, I think by the way you talk about it, I should use my HUD. I don't use it with Rush because I find the speed + five thousand numbers too confusing. Maybe I'll 2-3 table instead of 4 table and use HUD for relevant stats.

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by hackbinder
      thank you, I think by the way you talk about it, I should use my HUD. I don't use it with Rush because I find the speed + five thousand numbers too confusing. Maybe I'll 2-3 table instead of 4 table and use HUD for relevant stats.

Thanks!
      Yeah, rather play less tables at the beginning and try to learn the basics and then if you get again bored then add up tables. :) Rush shouldn't be that boring anyways, even if 2-3 tables. Good luck on tables!