MP2 (Hero):
      $2.09
      MP3:
      $5.09
      CO:
      $3.46

BU ( $11.24 USD ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 17

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 3, 3, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.95) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU calls $0.60.

River: ($2.15) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.09, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.15.

Hi,

On the Flop I plan to play with c/c. The Villain cb, so I bet about 2/3 pot size on Turn. Unlucky, I get called. On the Rival, should I c/f or c/c or jam the Rival? May be c/r :D ? Thanks
  • 17 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JHTAN,

I would just keep the things simple and c-bet the flop and c/f unimproved if called. Why do you delay the c-bet? You are usually ahead on this flop and winning the pot right away seems fine to me since you don't have a strong made hand.

As played, I would c/f river, I don't see him folding any better hand, so I would c/f or c/c if he is bluff happy, but I wouldn't presume anything after just 17 hands therefore c/f.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hey JHTAN,

I would just keep the things simple and c-bet the flop and c/f unimproved if called. Why do you delay the c-bet? You are usually ahead on this flop and winning the pot right away seems fine to me since you don't have a strong made hand.

Regards,
      burek2000
      Hi burek2000,

I thought I can't make him fold his PPs. So, I delay Cbet. :)

Cheers,
      JHTAN
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      what is your plan on the Turn if you c/c Flop ? Assume you obv dont improve
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      On the Flop, I will c/c if the dbet is small otherswise fold. Assume that I c/c on Flop, I miss the Turn then I will c/c if the bet is small but fold if the bet is 1/2 pot size or more. I mean I wish to go showdown as cheap as posible with two overcards. :)
    • Borgim1992
      Borgim1992
      Bronze
      I think that if he's betting probably he has something, mainly if he's betting so small. The vilan probably is just trying to keep you on the pot.

Regards, Borgim
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      problem is if you hit, all PPs will be super reluctant to put their money in if you check/call

That's why I think it is -EV to c/c Flop and c/c Turn

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      How about the following lines?

1) Check/call Flop, then bet on Turn
      2)Check/raise Folp

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What do you think yourself about those lines? any arguments of doing?

So for your future posts, can you also show me you put some effort in explaining your statements as in '' I think c/c would be a good idea.. '' ?

Best regards
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      I think c/c would be a good line as bluff call in way ahead/way behind situation. Besides, c/r is always a good way to bluff.

Cheers :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      bluff call ?( What are you talking about?

So what do you think you would fold out with your bluff c/R ?
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      I mean float(bluff call). Besides, I think check/raise on Flop can get move value against aggressive opponent because villain may bet (bluff) with Ax or face cards after Hero checked then villain has to fold to the raise.

Cheers
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      do you think any pp is likely to fold? I think the only hand that beat's you that would fold your river bet is AK.

imagine you are the villain. what range would you fold here? and out of that range what does AQ does not beat?
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      do you think any pp is likely to fold? I think the only hand that beat's you that would fold your river bet is AK.

imagine you are the villain. what range would you fold here? and out of that range what does AQ does not beat?
      Hi thazar,

As played, I planed for bet/fold on Rival. If, I am Villain, I may fold any overcards but may call with small PPs.

Cheers
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      that is what i am saying you are only bluffing against AK and since you have an A that is only 12 combo. so you better check / call to catch a bluff or check fold if you think you are beat.

in most cases you gonna win the pot with you opponent checking behind. The thing is as a bluff you have next to no fold equity to better hands and as value you have no worse hand that gonna call you. Hence you have no reason to bet.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi thazar,

How do you play on this Flop? Do you think cbet is good? Do you have others lines against different opponents on this Flop? I mean is that only cbet is the only line. Thanks
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      cbet flop, c/f then possible line. cbet flop jam turn because then, you might get so fish call you with KQ, JQ, AJ etc hoping to hit the river. Or try to induce a bluff, cbet flop, check call or check jam depending of bet size on turn.

These will be the lines I could use in order of preference.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If Villain is bet happy when you check Flop, then check/jam is the best line

If you plan to 1 barrel bluff and then c/c it off - you need 1) him to bet worser hands on the Turn and 2) need to have those hands in his range calling the flopbet

Or you 2 barrel bluff and hope he will call you off with more than just PPs

- Gerv