High Stakes Poker ep 15

• chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      don't know who's seen it yet but...

this is the situation..

(so annoying that high stakes poker doesn't show positions...)

blinds 600/1200/2400

Farha raises to 4200 on the CO with A :heart: 3 :spade: ? Benyamine calls 4200 with A :club: 8 :club: on the BU, Guy calls 3600$ from the SB with K5s.

flop comes K :club: 3 :diamond: 5 :club: .

Guy checks
      Farha bets $13000
      Benyamine bets $43000
      Guy reraises to $168000
      Benyamine goes all-in for $600000

Guy turns over his cards, and offers Benyamine a deal where he takes down the 13000$ + 43000$, not having seen Benyamine's cards... this is as opposed to the allowed method of dealing the flop several times, in which case Guy's variance would be minimised anyway.

So in conclusion I think Guy is a very bad player :P .
  • 5 replies
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      he had seen benyamines card and was doing the deal out of curtisy for him... you could realy see that benyamine was regretting putting it all in the middle
    • mikeymoo
      mikeymoo
      Bronze
      Guy is just a nice guy. He spent what, 10 years on the street as a kid? I think it was sincere that he didn't want to take all of Benyamine's money.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      the stakes are too high, that's it. You can't expect players to play a good and normal game of poker with these stakes. You seen the look on benyamines face? He was looking like: "o no, there go my savings for my retirement". I think that's what induced guy's courtesy to him. But I don't think david should be playing.

(so annoying that high stakes poker doesn't show positions...)

i think this is actually a good thing. This way donkeys won't find out what "position" is, and won't bother lookin it up on the internet, find this site, and suddenly mutate into big sharks. :p
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I don't get it why guys who "can't afford" to play 500k buyin, play? They should stick to BR management too :D
      It's his own fault if he loses it.

Guy was really nice. Maybe a bit too much nice :)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I wonder which of the player have the bankroll to play this type of game. Let's say, a bankroll of 12 to 15 million dollars.

And still, why risk 500k to play the best of the best ? They'd prefer to play amateurs I suppose.

On the other hand, if I won the Euromillions lottery (with a ticket I found on the streets, I ain't buying no -EV stuff :D ) and would win 10 M, I'd play for 1 buyin ... only because I know you want an extra entertaining player on TV, not for myself of course.