[NL2-NL10] NL2; I have the position, AA, so slow play, OK?

• wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

播放牌局

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.27
      MP3:
      $1.00
      CO:
      $4.89
      BU:
      $1.50
      SB:
      $1.61
      BB (Hero):
      $2.41

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.06, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 3, 6, J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.42) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

River: ($0.78) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $2.03(All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.08.

PREFLOP: UTG limp, SB raises, I took the AA, just call the opponent's raise, rather than conventional 3BET
      At that time, I thought, I have a place, I flat call a raise with the opponents, on the very hidden in the postflop, playing a good opponent's chips can clear light

FLOP: opponents CBET, I did not raise, but the call, want to continue to hide the brand power; while the opponent is likely that only the air card, if I raise this point, the match was likely to FOLD

turn: opponents CBET, but he credits a lot of small bets, and only a third of the pot size, I choose to call, so opponents do not think I make up a flush, but holding a moderate brand, would like to see cheaper flop

river: 38% of an opponent bets the pot size, I was I chose to shove
      I would like to ask you: Here I raise to the somewhat more appropriate? How to maximize profits?

There is: I slow play AA, reasonable? Will there be a great risk?
      Preferable to the slow play that way it?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wangwei520,

Preflop: I would never slowplay our AA here, we don't want to get great odds for MP2 to Call and play in multiway pot, just raise them up.

As played
      Flop: I'd just raise it up here, for protection from FD.

As played if flop was Called
      Turn: Rather also Call it, he could be tricky with his flush and taking pot control in such situation is better.
      River: The shove here doesn't make sense at all? What are you hoping to get Called from? Not a lot worse will Call your shove here, I'd rather just Call. If you wanted to play for stacks then raise it on flop!

Best regards.
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello wangwei520,

Preflop: I would never slowplay our AA here, we don't want to get great odds for MP2 to Call and play in multiway pot, just raise them up.

As played
      Flop: I'd just raise it up here, for protection from FD.

As played if flop was Called
      Turn: Rather also Call it, he could be tricky with his flush and taking pot control in such situation is better.
      River: The shove here doesn't make sense at all? What are you hoping to get Called from? Not a lot worse will Call your shove here, I'd rather just Call. If you wanted to play for stacks then raise it on flop!

Best regards.
      Thank you for your help!
      FD mean?
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      FlushDraw
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      Flush Draw, you want to make your opponent to make a mistake (-EV) by betting to prevent him from getting the proper odds to call if he is chasing the flush
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      FD mean?

You got already your answer, but I am also mentioning that most of the shortcuts are with that style, like PFA means PreFlop Aggressor, SD mean in most cases Straight Draw, sometimes also some people use it for ShowDown. Etc, etc. And you are welcome! Good luck on the tables.