Volume bets in February

• Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Would anyone be interested in some volume bets in February to try to up their volume?

I was thinking about something like getting multiple players to bet $20-$50 on that they make 1k sng's... If they don't their money will be distributed between those players that make 1k sng's..
      The +ev part of this bet is really not winning $50 or whatever but rather getting motivation for playing much more volume to win much more $$$

We should probably have like two leagues one with players from $1's to $6,5's with less money $5-$20 bets r something... and other for $10's and up with I guess $20 - $50 bets r something..

We'll need an escrow to ship the money to in the beginning of the month.. someone we all trust.. I think JustKyle88 and/or Lessthanthree might be ideal although I've not spoken to either one of them about this lol :)

I'm posting this so early so we can discuss this.. maybe having the bet for 500games is enough??? Maybe less $$$ bet? Maybe more $$$ bet?

Super turbos would obviously not be allowed.. but I guess if some super turbo players are interested in this they could start their own "league"

Players interested:
      $10's and up:
      Hlynkinn

$1's and up:
  • 21 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      This is a great idea! I love the concept but I'm not 100% sure I'm gonna participate in februari (or maybe for a small nr of games).

It's so hard to put a nr. of games on this... my first thought was that players should be able to decide for themselves, but that's pretty exploitable... then again I think this community is small enough for it.
      It would be great if everyone posts some amount that's realistic yet ambitious... so that there's a real motivational factor. 1K games might be too challenging or not challenging enough.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      sounds fun.

im happy to escrow if u need.
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      I like the idea, but I might travel in February. I'm up for it if I don't :D
    • pokerplayer05
      pokerplayer05
      Bronze
      sounds great but i will tell you until the end of january if i am in for february
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      I'm keen, as long as my uni timetable is suitable. i'll notify you once i've got it :)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      3 superturbo = 1 turbo imo , if you take that I'm in for the 10 and up
    • MiddleMan
      MiddleMan
      Bronze
      Sound like interesting bet.
      I could sign for 1 and up, for now. But maybe volume should be 1.5k or 2k? But... maybe 1k is enough.
      Hopefully i wont forget about this :D
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Silver
      I'm interested.

But how do we check how many SnGs someone played, because manipulating Elephant or Hold'em data would be rather easy.

I'm playing $3,40 turbos at Stars at the moment.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      @luitzen: checking is quite easy, http://www.sharkscope.com or topshark :) tho, they miss some games sometimes.

I'm playing MT Sngs, can i be in too? :) Tho, i'm at micro stakes currently, but i'd go for bigger bet. So you can add me on 10s and up :)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      3 superturbo = 1 turbo imo , if you take that I'm in for the 10 and up
      Fine by me.. You'll be in if the other participants are also fine with it..
      But if your playing like 10k sng's and your just hustling us it's not cool :D

Originally posted by bigniux
      I'm playing MT Sngs, can i be in too? Tho, i'm at micro stakes currently, but i'd go for bigger bet. So you can add me on 10s and up

Fine by me, but I can understand why some of the participants might be against this. Playing 1k $1 sng's in 1 month is way easier than playing 1k $24's. There are 30x more games running at the $1's and you probably don't have to table select at all :) I'm not saying your trying to hustle us but you know :D

--

and yea we can always check sharkscope or topshark and we could even go as far as asking an individual for the hand histories for the whole month if we suspect some cheating :)

But yea I doubt anyone that has showed interest yet would manipulate his database or try to cheat in any way to get few $$$. If it would get busted he would risk his reputation here here on pokerstrategy.. And I think it's a pretty hard scam to get away with...
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I'm propably in

50$ for 1K games mixed 6.5$ and 16$ if that's OK
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn

Originally posted by bigniux
      I'm playing MT Sngs, can i be in too? Tho, i'm at micro stakes currently, but i'd go for bigger bet. So you can add me on 10s and up

Fine by me, but I can understand why some of the participants might be against this. Playing 1k $1 sng's in 1 month is way easier than playing 1k $24's. There are 30x more games running at the $1's and you probably don't have to table select at all :) I'm not saying your trying to hustle us but you know :D
      I can do 2k then :)

EDIT: Yeah, i don't table select, there's no way to do that on 180mans :) I'm not playing 1$ games :D currently at 2$, 3$+Rebuy and 7$, but in february will be at 12$ 180s instead of 2$ ones, so i guess i qualify for higher stakes :) also, have in mind that my games run longer on average(~42 minutes for freezout 180mans and ~67 minutes for rebuys, according to HEM, my average run time is 49minutes, so it's like 50% more than on STTs, isn't it?) ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      But if your playing like 10k sng's and your just hustling us it's not cool :D

I'm going back to school in february , so no , I'm hustling no-one :P
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Oh, and i guess everyone could choose his minimum volume, i mean, there should be minimum(1k as you said), but for some it might be small volume(eg. me :f_biggrin: ), so he could go for 1,5k or smtg. :)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      Oh, and i guess everyone could choose his minimum volume, i mean, there should be minimum(1k as you said), but for some it might be small volume(eg. me :f_biggrin: ), so he could go for 1,5k or smtg. :)
      yup that sounds like a nice idea.. Anyone could decide the goal they want to motivate them selfs to get.. it would just need to be atleast 1k :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      50$ on at least 1K games in februari, starting at 6.5$ and moving up when my bankroll allows

Who can I ship my money to on stars?
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I'm bailing on participating in this.. I won't be able to play much the first few days of february.. and it's a short month.. and it was tough enough to get 1k games this month lol :)

you can see if someone is willing to bet agains you here tho :D
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      prop offer: 1:1 on me getting 1K games
      I'm max putting up 50$ for this
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      double post