[NL2-NL10] NL2 AK flop play

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Pretty sure I played this badly. He donks the flop and I think "why should I raise? what hands am I getting value from?" Obviously I realise I can get value from Ax or someone who will flat or shove a flush draw so raising here is probably the best play? However, should I just shove directly on the flop? Alternative is to raise to like $0.50 with the intention of calling any shove, and If he flats I get it all-in on any Turn since I have the K of spades? Since I'm only losing to 9 combos that I put in his possible preflop Limp-calling range on the flop (AT: 6 combos, 33: 3 combos) I should want to get it all in on the flop right?

Because I play it so passively, I really dont think I can fold the river even though he overbets. He can easily still be doing this with Ax or missed Flush draws but at no time have I defined his hand. I've just let him outdraw me with AJ, A7 and KQ rather cheaply.

Known players:
      SB:
      $2.67
      Hero:
      $1.9

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) A:spade: , T:spade: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09.

Turn: ($0.36) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36.

River: ($1.08) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.38, Hero raises to $1.37 (All-In).

Final Pot: $3.83
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Yeah, I'd rather raise the flop like to $0,40. Otherwise I think his line is way too strong, also over-shoving the river, I'd rather fold there, even if it's NL2, I don't people to be that aggressive with missed FDs, rather having a good hand, what could easily beat us. From bet sizings I'd say he had KQ?

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      He had AJ :-(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      He had AJ :-(
      Only way we could get away from there is that we are taking his small Bet on flop weak and then he changes his betting sizing to pot size, we could take it as a very strong hand, therefore it would be possible to fold it on turn if we had some stats or reads from him that he doesn't done such moves earlier, and seems to be kinda loose/passive opponent. If we take a correct look then mostly only a Q would help us on turn, and rather it's too risky to Call there for just for it.