[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - JTo, float turn vs aggro tag?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $12,25
      BB:
      $14,24
      Hero:
      $12,26

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BU folds, SB calls $0,25, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,90) A:heart: , K:spade: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,5, BB folds, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,90) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,90) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,9, SB calls $0,90.

Final Pot: $3,70

Villian seems quite agressive over a sample of 124 hands. Would you float the turn? If I didn't hit my straight on the river, should I still bet?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

What do you mean by float the turn? If he bets? Then depending on the bet size, if we get correct odds, otherwise your play should be fine. But sometimes I take also into consideration that his bet could be a bluff and therefore I wouldn't even sure if we get paid off on further streets. But of course your play is reasonable, you could also bet bigger on river, ~$1,50 or something similar.

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I mean he donked the flop, and check the turn. Should I bet the turn?

And if I didn't hit my nutz on the river, he checks should I still bet or my play would look too weird?

My small river bet was to induce a bluff, he looks like the maniac type who hates when people bluffs vs him :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ragney
      I mean he donked the flop, and check the turn. Should I bet the turn?

And if I didn't hit my nutz on the river, he checks should I still bet or my play would look too weird?

My small river bet was to induce a bluff, he looks like the maniac type who hates when people bluffs vs him :P
      Yeah, sometimes you could also Bet the turn, if you for example see them donking a lot on such boards. But often since we have showdown value and might even hit then Checking behind is likely better, since they still could be planning to Check/Raise us.

I'd rather prefer to Check behind on river if we didn't hit, since he is likely going to Call us, since he donked into multiway pot, and often this kind of move is stronger than into HU pot.

Yeah, for bluff-induce it's possible but I'd rather do that against such opponents, who have big AF on river and we know he is capable of doing that.