best value sng on Ipoker???

• matthiasvanlandeghem
      matthiasvanlandeghem
      Bronze
      Hey, i started on the 1ste this month with depositing 130$ on paddy poker, en got 200% to clear,...

I started out with the don from 5$, but i am not sure its worth the rake, en variance in these, as i seem too tight for these by being blinded or sucked out,...

Is there better value is the normal turbo sng, or for example the 2,40$ dirty douzen, or maui 6$ jackpot???

any thoughts would be great, i want to clear the bonus fast at max 5$ sng because my BR now is 110$, but i am a bit sick of the maniac dons,...

tx matthias
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi matthias,

I'm not an expert, but I would've thought that the Don's would have a lot less variance than a regular (top 3) sng, especially the turbo ones.

With Don's, from memory, you really only need a couple of decent hands or to win the odd flip to cash in the top 5 places. Obviously with top 3 sngs you need to play more and win more flips to get into the top 3. Additionally as most value is in 1st place, you will also need to win a good share of top spots, coming 3rd every time you cash won't be enough to show a profit.

In summary, you need to loosen up a little and be more aggressive in the middle stage of a traditional top 3 sng. If you tend to play tight, I personally would go for the Don's.

The jackpot sngs you mention are a great promotion where you can win $'000s, but you will traditionally pay double the rake on each game (20% as opposed to 10%), the extra going into covering the jackpot prize.
      All of this extra value is tied up in the jackpot prize, if you achieve the 5 wins in a row (or whatever it is now), you will be many $'000 up, however if you don't, you will be down overall due to the extra rake. Greater risk = greater prize.

I personally dont think that $110 is a sufficient bankroll to play the jackpot sngs at the moment, but of course it is up to you if you want to give yourself a couple of shots at them.

If you're not liking the Don's at the moment, or want to try something different, why not try a couple of the regular (top 3) sngs and see how you get on. Remember to stay within the 50xBI BRM to protect your bankroll though.

Don't forget the PokerStrategy strategy guides and also the free live coaching sessions, they are also great at helping you to fine tune your sng game.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Bart
    • matthiasvanlandeghem
      matthiasvanlandeghem
      Bronze
      Hey ty so much for the advice,...

The only thing i dont get on ipoker is the difference between a regular 2$ sng where you pay 0,40$ rake en the jackpot dirty douzen is also 2,40$,...
      so i dont see the extra rake in these, as the normal sng on ipoker also rake 40cents for a 2$ game,.. I only see diffrrence in the 5$ jackpot who has an additional 50 cents rake,... so i gues i would be better too play the 2,40$ jackpot as there is no extra rake,.... or is there?

ty
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi matthias,

Ah sorry my friend, I haven't played these myself for several years so the buyin/rake may have changed.

Generally sng's have a 10% tournament fee, but you are right, the lowest ones sometimes have a 20% fee.

You would pay the buyin & fee stated on the tournament, there is no hidden extra.

Hope this clarifies, sorry for any confusion caused.

Best regards,

Bart