[NL20-NL50] Nl 30 Sh

• Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      So OOP is 57/30 4.0 agr. and fold to 3-bet 0(2) sample 64hands
      If that would be more TAGish player then would put him on PP like 77+ and my line against them would be very good.
      I gave him all AT+ hands and pp like 22-TT.
      So whats about range i put him on did i play much to agro? THX
      What about fact that i am OOP and being agro in this spot?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.30(BB) Replayer
      SB ($34.08)
      Hero ($28.68)
      UTG ($31.29)
      CO ($33.39)
      BTN ($65)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.40, UTG calls $1.80

FLOP ($4.95) 4:spade: 6:club: 6:heart:

Hero bets $3.75, UTG calls $3.75

TURN ($12.45) 4:spade: 6:club: 6:heart: T:heart:

Hero bets $9.30, UTG folds

Hero shows K:spade: A:diamond:

Hero wins $11.83
  • 4 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Given the range you gave him, I think the 2nd barrel is bad because there are a lot of pp in his range and he won't fold 99, even maybe 88 here. And as most of his high cards did fold on the flop, you don't have much fold equity here, given the fact that you do'nt represent a lot here, appart maybe an overpair or TT, but most of the time your 2nd barrel is a bluff with high cards.

But hey, doing this once or twice on a table isn't too big a problem imo, since you will get an image of someone aggressive even if you get caught, and your future value bets will be more likely to extract value. I often start my sessions with a few "money in the trash" like that to buy a "maniac" image, and this rewarded me a lot until now. Just don't do that too often, it's EV- on that spot imo.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      The bets are a little too big imo: I would like 3$ on the flop and then 7.5-8 on the turn into an 11$ pot.

As mentioned above I also think the barell is bad against such a guy if you dont know that he is the "expecting one barell guy" - meaning he calls almost every cbet then folds to a second barell.
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DoigteurFou
      Given the range you gave him, I think the 2nd barrel is bad because there are a lot of pp in his range and he won't fold 99, even maybe 88 here. And as most of his high cards did fold on the flop, you don't have much fold equity here, given the fact that you do'nt represent a lot here, appart maybe an overpair or TT, but most of the time your 2nd barrel is a bluff with high cards.

But hey, doing this once or twice on a table isn't too big a problem imo, since you will get an image of someone aggressive even if you get caught, and your future value bets will be more likely to extract value. I often start my sessions with a few "money in the trash" like that to buy a "maniac" image, and this rewarded me a lot until now. Just don't do that too often, it's EV- on that spot imo.
      I would say that on flop he is callin AJ+ and also all PP who missed are callin one barrel for sure cos that player is also pretty loose and game dynamics at ongame are loose agro. But yes i very rarely do this OOP
      ''but most of the time your 2nd barrel is a bluff with high cards.''...i am clearly representing overpair and 90% of time people 2nd barrel in 3-bet pots with overpair.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think barreling there is fine.
      People fold middle pp to the turn barrel and also if he floated smt like AJ/AQ you don´t really want to c/f best hand yourself. So I´m fine with turn barrel.
      I also prefer smaller flop and turn bets to save money if he doesn´t really fold and decides to shove over my turn barrel.