[NL2-NL10] T7o - bad freeplay

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.07
      SB:
      $11.27
      UTG+2:
      $8.17

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:club: , T:spade:
      UTG+2 calls $0.10, 5 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

ok flopped two pair, top pair a flush draw possible

Flop: ($0.30) 3:diamond: , T:club: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, UTG+2 calls $0.20, SB folds.

i guess my bet on the flop was overplayed, a flush is possible. but i have the top pair and i am twopaired my thoughts on NL10 often enough in front

Turn: ($0.70) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, UTG+2 calls $0.50.

shouldve thought here. a flush possible but im on NL 10. An Ax would play here. guess on the turn cf would have been right?

River: ($1.70) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.27 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $1.27.

Ah Top two pairs. The opponent will n e v e r have the flush

Final Pot: $4.24

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ 7c, Ts ] two pairs, Tens and Sevens
      UTG+2 shows [ Ac, 9c ] a flush, Ace high
      UTG+2 wins $4.03 USD with a flush, Ace high.
  • 4 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      the idea of the protectionbet is to make sure your opponent doesnt get pot odds. However, he had implied odds, so the turn is check/fold. I would fold kings on that turn tbh. If you bet for protection, he calls, and gets his card, there is nothing you can do. And if he didn't have the flush, he had the 3, otherwise the call was for nothing, which you shouldnt assume on this limit imo. WP, but fold the turn.

oh, no, you are a shortstack...

you should have played check fold on the flop already. Ill leave the advice above for the interested bss-ers.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      whether you play NL 10 or NL 1000 your hand here doesn`t get any additional value and the value it has is just right enough for check/fold flop

if it was 2 way action than bet 1/2-2/3 pot and check/fold turn if got called.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      It was explained before, check/fold here on the Turn. ;)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      the idea of the protectionbet is to make sure your opponent doesnt get pot odds. However, he had implied odds, so the turn is check/fold. I would fold kings on that turn tbh. If you bet for protection, he calls, and gets his card, there is nothing you can do. And if he didn't have the flush, he had the 3, otherwise the call was for nothing, which you shouldnt assume on this limit imo. WP, but fold the turn.

oh, no, you are a shortstack...

you should have played check fold on the flop already. Ill leave the advice above for the interested bss-ers.
      I don't see the cf action on the flop here. I flopped two pair so I have a good hand on this limit, higher pocket pairs should have shown more agressivity preflop, a three is possible, but not really to be expected. So I think I should protect my hand here against the flush draw.

cf on the turn with the possible flush arrived would have been the adequate action I think also. This was an real overplaying a hand.