[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKs vs ultranit

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      My UTG raise gets 3-bet by UTG2 who's stats say he's very tight over over a decent sample. I think at best here I'm up against QQ or AK. I know he's not 3 betting my early position raise with TT since he showed down a hand previously with TT that he flatted a raise. I'm not sure he 3 bets me with Jacks either to be honest. I have 40% against AK and QQ+ but I'm really not happy shipping it against this player with AK even if its suited. He might even fold Queens and AK if I shove here and they're the only hands I have decent equity against. I know if I flat and miss I lose, and if I flat and hit, I get no value from QQ and can still be monsterously behind. I just fold and look for a better spot. I'm aware I'm making a player specific read, I would just like to know if my fold is justifiable?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.91
      UTG2:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:heart: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.08, UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.27, 8 folds.

Final Pot: $0.38
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Yeah, I totally like your fold here, we most often are in such situation against that tight opponent flipping. Therefore folding is the safest. Nice hand!

Best regards.