NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($13.83)
      BB ($21.26)
      UTG ($24.57)
      UTG+1 ($11.09)
      CO ($16.75)
      BTN ($7.29)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, UTG calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.90) 2:spade: J:spade: A:diamond:

Hero bets $0.60, UTG raises to $1.90, Hero calls $1.30

TURN ($4.70) 2:spade: J:spade: A:diamond: 3:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $3, Hero folds

vpip: 22, pfr: 13, af: 6.3
  • 3 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Personally, I would shove the flop or at least make a pot commiting raise. You likely have the best hand unless he's limp called UTG with AJ which is plausibe, or very loose A2. Obviously he can have 2's but its only 3 combos. Your hand becomes much harder to play if you miss your flush on the turn. I'd get it in whilst your equity is at its best against his range. Will be interesting to see what the coaches say thoguh :-)
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Imo you should fold A8s as your oop in SB and you don't know where you stand if you hit an A.As played,you should have made it to 0.60 the raise preflop as your oop.
      On the flop,I like more to shove or fold than to call, as you'll be facing a hard decision on the turn being out of position.
      His check/raise on flop indicates a very good hand,you'll be behind most of the time, and you'll have at best 12 outs.
      Imo, I would fold this preflop, and I would fold it on the flop after his raise.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

Preflop: Yeah, actually being kinda deeper, I don't really like to play such hands. Rather just play them being in position against such limpers.

As played
      Postflop: Actually having the implied odds and taking into account that he sometimes might even take moves on us we can Call the turn also. But definitely it ain't wrong if you fold on turn, just avoid variance. :) Shipping right on the flop is questionable, since we are kinda deep, and do we want to get it in with less equity?

Best regards.