[NL2-NL10] NL2 KK Turn Play on A-high board.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      He cold called a 3-bet which suggests to me that he has a pair. Something like QQ or JJ and maybe TT. My bet on the flop is fine I think although a Little small, but I might do the same with AK on this board due to him just flatting my 3-bet, hoping to get at least one call from an underpair. Maybe I should check behind the turn because he's only calling with better hands and Flush draws (Ax sets). However, all flush draws in a 3 bet pot should really be Axs anyway. He can also check raise here if he's getting creative with some sort of FD as well as stronger made hands and I hate to get check-raised. If I check behind the turn he will likely bet QQ/JJ on the river and I can get more value.
      Not sure how to balance the "charging him to draw" with "getting more value from weaker hands" and "trying to make a better hand fold" because Its possible he's made a loose call with a weak unsuited Ace prelop. I suppose if my read is that he most likely has a pair, I should check behind on the turn?

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $2.08
      Hero:
      $1.99

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.06, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.31) A:diamond: , 9:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.16, UTG2 calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.63) 4:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.32, UTG2 folds.

Final Pot: $0.95
  • 3 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      You cant get better hand to fold here. No NL2 player is ever gonna fold an ace here. :)
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I realise that. So Check the turn? Then I guess I call a river bet too. What about bet the river for value if he checks to me? Too thin?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer bigger 3-bet to 0.18$
      Flop c-bet is fine. If you out him on QQ/JJ then better check back and valuebet river, rather than bet turn again. Not sure how often they might bet theirself QQ/JJ, but they might bluff with busted draws, so I think calling small river bet should be fine
      Until you have some reads to the player I tend to go showdown, so I wouldn´t really valuebet river, since he can also hold there AJ/AT