This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

first 1K day

• i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      well this is not completly true b/c i have had multiple 1K+ days through winning MTTs (biggest being 6K) but this is my first time winning this much money at the cash tables. I won my money playing live nl200 FR.
      biggest pot
      Hero (MP): $550
      Villian 1 (BU):$700ish
      Villian 2(BB): $800ish
      Blinds 1/2 Optional $5 Straddle
      Reads:
      Villain 1: Chinnese guy. Looked like he had a decent job and was just a recreational poker player. Prob a losing poker player who does not lose too much in any individual session.
      Villian 2: Also a Chinnese guy. Looks like a huge fish. Plays wayy too many hands and doesnt look like he knows what he is doing postflop
      Hero dealt 33
      1 call Hero calls 2 calls BU calls BB calls Straddle checks
      Flop K43
      Checks around to the BU, BU bets 35, BB calls, Hero calls
      Turn 6
      BB check, Hero check, BU bets 100, BB calls, (at this point I am sooo scared of 44 but live players overplay their hands soo much that I cant possibly fold), Hero raises AI, BU tank calls (at this point I know that he is behid b/c he would of snapped 44), BB quickly folds
      River Q
      Villian 1 shows K6s and has 2 pair
      Hero shows 33 and has 3 of a kind
      Hero wins a massive pot.

After the hand Villian 1 said something very funny: " I knew I was behind but I thought u could be doing that with something like 56"
      I was playing 9/7 and everyone prob noticed that I was a nit so i obv didnt have 56 in my PF calling range.
      Me "Ofc. U had to call, it was just bad luck buddy"
  • 11 replies