$50.75
      CO:
      $69.55
      BU:
      $57.55
      SB (Hero):
      $86.50

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 7.
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4.25, BB calls $3.75, BU folds.

Flop: ($9.75) 5, 4, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00, BB raises to $21.00, Hero raises to $82.25, BB calls $33.75(All-In).

Turn: ($146.75) 6 (2 players)

River: ($146.75) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $146.75.

Villain-unknown.What can I expect his overcall range to be?My equity is 40% vs overpair,34% vs set.Can I ever profitably broke here and what other lines can I take?
  • 2 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well his overcall range depends on various factors and is player dependent. Many players though will call with hands like JJ/QQ/AK with the intention of stacking off on a safe board (no overcards). Occasionally you see ppl trapping with AA etc, and some will have small pairs hoping to setmine.

Here, when you get raised on the flop, you will see TT+/A :club: K :club: etc. and sometimes sets. I would not expect you to have much fold eQuity vs villains apparently comitting raise.

However, against an overall range of {AcKc, JcTc, TT+, 44} you have 40%. If villain is never folding, getting all the money in vs that range will be slightly -EV
      but given the dead money and the fact that sometimes he will occasionally fold hands like TT - since we rep a monster - I dont think shoving can be too big of a mistake.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Well his overcall range depends on various factors and is player dependent. Many players though will call with hands like JJ/QQ/AK with the intention of stacking off on a safe board (no overcards). Occasionally you see ppl trapping with AA etc, and some will have small pairs hoping to setmine.

Here, when you get raised on the flop, you will see TT+/A :club: K :club: etc. and sometimes sets. I would not expect you to have much fold eQuity vs villains apparently comitting raise.

However, against an overall range of {AcKc, JcTc, TT+, 44} you have 40%. If villain is never folding, getting all the money in vs that range will be slightly -EV
      but given the dead money and the fact that sometimes he will occasionally fold hands like TT - since we rep a monster - I dont think shoving can be too big of a mistake.
      +1
      I think you can see there everything starting with sets and ending random bluffs from AQ/AJ. With your equity you can´t really b/f, so getting all-in with overpair+oesd is fine play.