This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] BB K7o freeplay / 3 hands

• moodkiller
      moodkiller
      Bronze
      Hello! :)
      I just don't know how to play in those situations.
      1. On the flop i call because the bet seems small to me and i think i'm ahead. On the turn i receive 5:1 (almost), and don't know what hand villain will play this way. On the river call of the dеspair (i guess), because the only that i can beat is J. Call on the river is very bad, but i cant run away from 1BB bet on the flop.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $6,09
      MP1:
      $9,89
      MP3:
      $11,55
      BU:
      $18,35

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , 7:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO folds, BU calls $0,25, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1,10) K:heart: , J:club: , 9:spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25, MP1 calls $0,25, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($1,85) 9:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, BU bets $0,5, Hero calls $0,50, MP1 calls $0,50.

River: ($3,35) T:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, BU bets $1, Hero calls $1,00, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $5,35

2. Attempt to steal pot

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3,1
      Hero:
      $3,75
      UTG2:
      $16,69
      CO:
      $3,65

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , 8:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0,25, 3 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1,00) Q:heart: , J:spade: , 6:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,6, 3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,00

3. On the flop i bet hoping that he'll fold (check is a better option). After he calls i don't know what to do? Every player that knows how to play steals my pot so easy. On the turn check/fold, because i don't know where i am in the hand and probably i'll check the river without calling.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,89
      MP3:
      $16,67
      BU:
      $12,2

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , 8:club:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO folds, BU calls $0,25, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,85) K:diamond: , 7:heart: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,6, MP3 calls $0,60, BU folds.

Turn: ($2,05) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1,25, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,05
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

Can you please maintain 1 hand per thread rule? It keeps things structured and clear.

Flop is okay but I will certainly lead the Turn for near potsized to charge certain draws a price

As played on the River everything hits and your TPNK is as good as midpair -> you are mostly beat against 2pairs+

--

in hand 2 I always lead for potsized because you have to potbuild as soon as possible.

--

After he calls i don't know what to do?
      Then you should think about planning your hand before you bet the Flop.
      For me this is an easy valueBet on the FLop & Turn because of the amount of draws available

- Gerv
    • moodkiller
      moodkiller
      Bronze
      Thanks for the analysis which helped me so much.

Just one more question. In 1st hand if i make near potsize and villain raise me for all of my chips, should i call? I'll have like 2.6:1 to call.
      I probably will fold, but this is a huge problem in my game. I overestimate the opponent in limped pots like hand 3.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      With K7o, I just bet/fold on that kind of board because he doesnt raise worse as in K6 or a draw

- Gerv