[NL20-NL50] [nl25] [sh] A3s in 4 bet Pot vs Potsize Donk

• m3ta
      Hey Guys

I have A3s on the button and I make a standart OR to 2,5x on the BU.
      I get a 3-bet from a Reg (11% 3 bet range in SB). I usually defend a lot of good hands with Highcard value agaisnt 3-bets on the BU because they are usually small due to my 2,5x raise.
      But I don't like it that much with A3s because even his bluff 3 bet range dominates my hand, so I decide to take my A blocker and 4-bet.

Well he calls my 4 bet OOP which I did not expect to happen very often, but well what can u do. For that reason I don't 4 bet pure crap like A8o because i can never make the nuts or stay aggressive.

I get a tricky Flop, I flop bottom pair and Villian donks potsize in a 4 bet Pot leaving him with half a potsize bet behind. I know that he is very aggressive player and does crazy and also stupid things from time to time.

First of all I did not expect him to be very strong here ever.
      For two reasons:

1. I played like 29/28/12 VP$IP/PFR/3B the last 150 hands so he will ship anything decent Preflop JJ/TT+ , AK.

2. If he happens to have Kx or a Set( that's very unlikely because he will either flat those preflop because my 2.5x gives him a good price or 3-bet/ship because he thinks I am bluff 4 betting him too often) for some reason he is not likely to donk that Potsize out, because my range is superpolarised here, I either have the nuts or air so I gonna C-bet like 95%. Because he cannot expect me to ever ship pure Air to his donk, A9s.

So i think he has the following type of hands:

1. Air with which he wants to fold out my air.
      2. AQ-type hand with which he wants to commit himself.
      3. A weakish FD.

So I flip with any FD and I have Ax crushed.
      If he happens to bet/fold 99-type here I'm ok with that too.

If my assumptions are right it's even a valueshove.
      Also I think he is bluffing here a decent amount of the time with that size.

So plz share your thoughts with me :)

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $25.50
      SB: $25.10
      BB: $16.11
      UTG: $36.97
      MP: $43.15
      CO: $25.00

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has A:heart: 3:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, SB raises to $1.96, fold, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $2.54

Flop: ($9.25, 2 players) K:diamond: 6:club: 3:club:
      SB bets $9.00, Hero raises to $21.00 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $25.92
  • 5 replies
    • Tim64
      I like your thought process, but I dont think you need to get this crazy for nl25. I fold post flop because he looks committed and we shouldnt expect him to fold much of anything that beats us.

However, now that you know he plays this way, you have an easy time in the future.
    • m3ta
      Ty for your reply :)
    • falcone1983
      Well yeah, I like your thought process here too, can't comment on it too much because it's such an unusual spot and it's obvious you were right, so hard to say you made a mistake.

Only thing I want to ask: where do you play that someone who does awful things like this can be considered a reg? :)
    • m3ta
      stars ;) well he has somehow reasonable stats and i have 4 different reg marks:

guess which one he earned with that move :P
    • Kaitz20
      Sometimes mixing it up and 4-bet bluffing is fine. I also prefer shoving flop, since don´t think he would do that with value and either has bluff or draw that you´re ahead