Keep walking...

• winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      Hello there, this is me! You know I've been playing poker online for almost one year now and this thread's title comes from my impression of poker up to some point...
      I guess joining pokerstrategy was the most +EV choice I have done up to now. Well, even deciding to start playing poker was a great choice since I previously spent a lot of time with gambling on sports. There, after a huge upswing which made my bankroll from 100 euro to almost 17000 in 5 months, I managed to completely destroy myself and reach my present state which is a huge debt.
      I can understand at this point that everyone who reads this now thinks: OMG, a gambler just joined our community, easy money for us is coming. Well, I can assure you this is not the truth.
      I at the moment have a daily job and I have managed to control my financial stuff so if nothing changes dramatically for the next 6 years, I will manage to get out of debt. The problem is I would like to increase my monthly income a little more so I can either pay my debts faster or just live with some more money in my pocket these 6 years.
      Instead of taking a second job I decided to try poker as my second job. And I can tell you for sure that even at the very first day I deposited some money on a poker site I knew that if I wanted to have some income from poker, it would be a very hard job to do.
      All this year I have been trying to find my way on this game and I was very disappointed at some point because actually it was all greek to me!! But pokerstrategy made it more clear for me and I admit that reading some forums was the best way to increase my confidence that this can be done.
      So, enough blah blah, what is this forum about? It is my motivation to make this work. I hope I will get some help from you readers and colleagues of this hard job!!
      I currently play at 888. I have a bankroll of 420$ and I decided for the next 2-3 months to put as much volume as I can to NL10 6-max. I can play 6-8 tables pretty good at the moment and until I have a clear image of how good I am doing it after say 20000 hands, I do not want to increase the number of tables.
      So, for this month, as a starting goal, I want to try and play 20000 hands. I know this might sound ridiculous and way to easy for some of you, but for me its a huge goal to begin with, so don't hit me!!!
      Enough for now, got a job to do now. Maybe in the afternoon I will be able to play a short session and post how it begun. Because as we say in Greece, you can tell if it is gonna be a good day from the morning.
  • 73 replies
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Good luck!

And there's no need to play more than 6 tables. Or play more than 20k hands per month. Just keep moving up the limits.
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      hiyo gl with your poker endeavours :P

one small tip regarding the blog - split longer posts into paragraphs to make it easier to read :f_grin:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      20K hands of NL10 SH is exactly my goal for this month too. Good luck! :f_biggrin:
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      lol!

Thanx guys!

I feel allready much more better for starting this thread.

Also I guess posting is like playing poker! Practice will make me better and easier for you to read! :f_biggrin:
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      20K hands of NL10 SH is exactly my goal for this month too. Good luck! :f_biggrin:
      btw, 1670 ELO for me mr.JB. Maybe we could arrange a HU sometime... :]
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      hello dude.
      GL in your journey ;)
      btw.. 20k amonth is no that much ;) go for like 50k if you have such a motivation ;) totally doable ;)
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by winnergr
      btw, 1670 ELO for me mr.JB. Maybe we could arrange a HU sometime... :]
      Poker > chess for me atm. But if you want to play me on Gameknot, let me know.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze

Poker > chess for me atm...
      :f_love: :f_love: :f_love:

@winnergr: Good luck and don't let a few consecutive sessions where you run bad destroy your game and confidence!
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sufix645
      hello dude.
      GL in your journey ;)
      btw.. 20k amonth is no that much ;) go for like 50k if you have such a motivation ;) totally doable ;)
      huge motivation...
      not so much available time though...
      so 20k is a reasonable goal and then I can aim higher...
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

Poker > chess for me atm...
      :f_love: :f_love: :f_love:

@winnergr: Good luck and don't let a few consecutive sessions where you run bad destroy your game and confidence!
      thanx dude, I'll be reading your blog to get some more inspiration!
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      So, FSACAB just finished! (the acronym is a side challenge for mrJB or anyone else who wants to give it a chance!)

I played almost 1.8k hands in 180 minutes, 8-tabling mostly. I played good for some time but I made some childish mistakes in some hands that destroyed all my effort. As I am really shy I do not want to share any hands at this point because I know this does not represent my game.

Almost -23$ in 1.7k hands in NL10 is a bad start but I have 18k hands and even more to climb up!

p.s. Even if I wanted to post a hand, since I am playing at 888 poker, is there a hand converter to use for posting nicely here? Help me please! :f_confused:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

FSACAB? hmmmmm. I'l get back to you. :f_confused:
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      Hello guys again. I am sitting now for a new session. I feel kind of hot today. Let's see how it is going to work... I'll come back later with my results and i was thinking maybe posting 3 hands from each session. biggest winner and looser hand and the most interesting one. Anyway, later...
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze

OK. I give up. FSACAB = ???
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze

First Session After Creating A Blog
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      acab thing messed it up, I was trying to come up with two words (FS) to complement the following ones :D
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      Come on, what a start is this? I mean how is this blog gonna be successful if I loose everyday little by little my little bankroll? I guess I want this to work so badly that I prevent it from working. I'll go out because I am filling so tiltfull at the moment and later I will come back to post some details on my session, some thoughts and seek for some help and confidence boost. cu

p.s.: hope at least u liked my acronym quiz :)
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by winnergr

First Session After Creating A Blog
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      LOL mrJB. Great pic u posted, it completely express your feelings about my quiz!!!

So, back in bussiness, I unfortunately am sitting to my office pc and therefore cannot post any hands or any stats or any graphs about my first two catastrofic sessions. However I can post about how a greek guy treats his poker tilt feelings...

Yesterday, after loosing about 4 BI in about 1k hands and just before I start breaking computer equipment I decided to quit poker for the day and go out to play some billiards with a good friend of mine. The problem is I had too many years to play billiards, and so did my friend. So, it did not take too much time before we decided to move from the billiards club to another friend's mezedopoleio (this is a greek word - i'll try to explain it: imagine a tavern where you do not order each one his own dishes but everyone on the same table shares various dishes designed mostly to be great in helping you consume wine).

The cure for my tiltness (I really wonder if this word actually exists) was plenty of greek wine, excellent food, plenty of smoking, and discussion with friends about everything else than poker. I can say that today, except from my lack of sleep, I am back in feeling confident! Now, the only thing is to proove this confidence is realistic or else I might discover why 99,9% of greek poker players are loosers!!!

That's all for now, got to work for my day job, I'll be interested however to know how you people treat your tilt condition.