[NL2-NL10] NL10 overpair

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($10.15)
      UTG ($10)
      Hero (MP) ($10.90)
      CO ($15.65)
      Button ($10)
      SB ($16.02)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q:spade: , Q:heart:
      UTG bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.05) 4:diamond: , 5:spade: , 8:club: (3 players)
      UTG bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $2, UTG calls $1.25

Turn: ($7.05) 9:club: (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets $1, UTG calls $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($10.05) 7:spade: (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets $2.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.30

Total pot: $14.65 | Rake: $0.97

I wasn't at all sure how to play this hand. QQ keeps getting me into trouble, and I didn't really have many hands on the UTG raiser, but I probably should have 3bet preflop. As played, once they both called my flop bet, I didn't want to go broke, but with hindsight, maybe I should have bet the turn too. Didn't feel I could fold to the small bets Villain was making. Help!
  • 4 replies
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      I would 3bet it no doubt, you have protect your hand,if you see a K or A flop you won't know where you stand with your hand,and you will give good odds for other players to create a multiway pot.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Preflop: I think you should bet unknown with QQ by default .You can call nit with QQ if you know that his vpip/pfr is 4-6 from utg.
      Flop: there are few options:you can raise like you did,but raise at least 3x bet imho pot size against 2 and connected board.
      Better option for me to just call because you keep worse hands,air and draws and play it cautiously, for thin value.
      Turn&river: I would call turn but on this river even with this odds against 2 opps on such board you extremely rarely will be good.QQ can be bluff catcher against 1 opp.Board is connected,so many combos of 2 pairs and some straights are possible.
      mistake you dis preflop is hard to correct.
      Best regards,
      :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jbpatzer,

Preflop: For the given reason that he is unknown then we shouldn't really fear to 3bet against him. What I would most of the times do, we are just giving great odds for people behind us to Call with any kind of crap.

As played
      Flop: The question is, we are in multiway pot and what worse do you want to Call here? I'd rather go for pot control, they could easily have any kind of set here, which is beating us easily. Therefore just Call and reevaluate on further streets.

As played
      Yeah, likely can't really lay down for the given odds, I'd also Call such small bets but as well you could fold it on river, since you don't beat much there.

Best regards.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      He had 96o, so lesson learnt. Next time , 3bet! Thanks everyone for your help.