Heads Up Coaching

• moovet
      moovet
      Bronze
      Hi,

Why is there no HU coaching? There is no HU cash nor HU sng's...

I think this would be a great addition to current coachings since a lot of players play HU and have no source for articles or free videos.
      HU sng coaching would be great :)
  • 7 replies
    • Timo
      Timo
      Bronze
      Hi moovet,

thank you for your feedback and suggestions. SvenBe who is in charge of the coaching section will be back from holiday tomorrow and will then give you answer in this thread.

Until then you could of course always watch a HU video from TwiceT - not quite a coaching, but still valuable information :s_smile:

Best,
      Timo
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi moovet,

unfortunately for a stand-alone-coaching the target audience is to small for HU SnG.
      However sometimes TheNose adds a session of Heads Up games to his SnG-silver coachings - so make sure you check his SnG coaching regularly.

Of course we do not want to let you alone with your intention to become a better HU SnG player. We do offer a lot of video's for HU SnG play, please check them out here! They include the review of our League of Champions promotion where several of our best players fought to be the winner of $25.000.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Do you also think that the target audience is too small for cash HU coaching? There are a lot of players in these forums that are playing/interested in hu cash so that might have enough big of an audience.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      Do you also think that the target audience is too small for cash HU coaching? There are a lot of players in these forums that are playing/interested in hu cash so that might have enough big of an audience.
      Maybe cash game HU has more PokerStrategists playing it - but here we have had similar problems.
      We once had coachings for HU cash but abandoned them for several reasons:
      -sometimes no one wanted to play the coach (because being a reg)
      -it is dangerous for HU just to adopt the coaches playing style - and many listeners thus failed to win. Reason is that you really need to work with your reads and adapt your play according to your oponents style
      -Coaches are relatively vulnerable to collusion, meaning that a listener tries to sneak on the tables and tries to play the coach

So sorry to disappoint you on this subject, have you watched all our cash game videos for HU ?
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Thanks for quick answer!

-it is dangerous for HU just to adopt the coaches playing style - and many listeners thus failed to win. Reason is that you really need to work with your reads and adapt your play according to your oponents style

Well, isn't that kind of the same for every coaching and video? Sooo, not really a huge issue imo.

-Coaches are relatively vulnerable to collusion, meaning that a listener tries to sneak on the tables and tries to play the coach

That's propably true since it's more useful to know the hole cards in hu than in ring games (obv.) but also the same point as above.

-sometimes no one wanted to play the coach (because being a reg)

That's propably the biggest issue. Even though it kind of comes with the nature of hu.

But yea, figured that it's propably for a reason that there's no hu coaching just wanted to know why.

And actually, yes. I've watched all the hu videos. There aren't that many of those neither in English nor in Finnish.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He Shevtshenko (btw you are a soccer-fan,are you?),

you are right, every of those points alone might not be a reason not to offer a coaching for NL HU. I can assure you, that your opinion and needs as a PokerStrategy-member are not overheard! We are The Professional Poker School and we of course want to bring the best poker education to you.
      I will ask Clemens when he is back from his holidays on monday if any new videos are planned for NL-HU play. For the coaching part I can unfortunately only say that in the near future no HU-stand alone coaching is planned.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Wouldn't call myself a fan really but yea, I watch it.

Hopefully you'll get some more hu videos released. At least in my opinion hu videos are the most educative ones almost regardless of what game or table size we are normally playing.

Wider ranges -> tougher hand reading -> more tough spots
      One opponent (per table)-> faster gameflow -> faster adaptions -> more tough spots