Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 6.
      MP2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.12) 5, 5, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, MP2 raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.92) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($1.42) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, MP2 calls $1.30.

Final Pot: $4.02.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of fives(5 6).
      MP2 shows a full-house, jacks full of kings(K K).

MP2 wins with a full-house, jacks full of kings(K K).
  • 2 replies
    • MeanGreen
      Assuming you started slowplaying on the turn and not on the flop you were very unlucky. There's only a few cards that you hate to see on the river against this guy's hand: jacks and kings.

On the flop I would raise a bit bigger, since you want to get money in fast. If villain had only called on the flop and turn, you wouldn't have been able to push the river comfortably, because the pot would have been much smaller and your stack bigger.
    • burek2000
      Hey gxtwo,

I don't really like the slowplay here, not because of protection, but because this is an unraised pot and if you want to get any decent value for your strong hand you need to start building it up.

This is a freeplay, so I would just bet potsize on the flop in order to build up the pot and continue on the turn with 2/3 potsize bet, but the turn is quite a bad card, because it kind of kills the action from flush draws and any Jx has you beat now. And if you play this way you have an easy push on the river, however, this particular river is a c/f since the most you can expect on this board is a split and I don't see villain bluffing too much either.

As played, I would barrel again on the turn or go for a check/raise all-in.