This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKs from the blinds

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10
      UTG1:
      $14.6
      MP2:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , K:club: . MP2 posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.45, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.15) J:club: , T:diamond: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.1, MP2 calls $2.10.

Turn: ($7.35) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero raises $6.45 (All-In), MP2 raises to $6.40 (All-In).

River: ($20.20) 5:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a straight, jack high (Ah 9h)
      Hero shows (Ac Kc)

MP2 wins with a straight, jack high (Ah 9h)

Evaluation?
  • 2 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      On tilt playing this hand to be honest and tilt posted here. I 3-bet and don't expect him to show up with a 9 here. He can easily have JJ or TT. Should I just C/f the turn? In his range he probably only ever folds AJ to my shove turn and my equity against the rest of his holdings probably isnt that great. A decent evaluation would be appreciated though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Yeah, actually It's veeeery close play, I'd rather play Check/Fold, since he would really bet there with a lot worse and also we can't really Call his shove since we will often have bad equity. Also the shoving equity + fold equity shouldn't be that great to make such a move profitable in long run.

Best regards.