Today I consider online poker is a big bluff

• sviniata
      sviniata
      Bronze
      Well.
      Yesterday I deposit some real money for the first time and decided to sign for a 10$ tour at fulltilt. There were no problems, tourney started.. I was waiting for a good hand to play about 15 minutes. Finally I got my AK suited an raised, the next guy reraised, the nest re reraised, next called, next called. I called.
      Next guy rererraised, next called. Next moved allin. 5 guys moved allin preflop.
      I thought to have the best hand when I saw them turning QK, JJ, 22 & J6 !!!!
      Especially after flop, which came A 9 6 rainbow. Turn T. River 6 !!!!!!!
      And the guy with J6 six wrote : LOL I MISSCLICKED TO CALL THIS. SRY !

I went to bed, thinking about the situation & about how this guy can call 3 times with crap hand and get two sixes on the board.

My mind couldn't come to anything acceptable so I decided to write that post.

..cause the only thing I am ready to accept is that the guy had know what board will come. And shove his stack preflop after 3 guys raised before him...

..then,, thinking that he knows the cards that will come I started to consider the whole "online poker" conception a big bluff for us, that put our money in and wait patiently for the big win. ... if some guy can know the cards, it may only mean that he is from FullTilt personnel and his job is to collect our buy-ins with "missclicking" 3 times preflop with crappy hand.

What do you think about this experience and my thoughts.. I'd like to hear as much opinions as possible.

Thank you.
  • 27 replies
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I've been caught making a donkey play and sucking out - not this bad I think.

Of course to tilt the other player more I would say 'OOPS MISCLICK!!!1!' - especially if my 89o cracks his KK

Possibly better than admitting you made a really big gamble/terrible read and won against big odds?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sviniata
      ... wait patiently for the big win...
      This is usually called gambling/lottery. Most people here grind for their money, they don't play just to luckbox a major donkament. Sure, it would be nice to ship a big MTT but not necessary and especially not on the first try!
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      how about some people don't care and like to do crazy stuff. Or are just srunk and won't take it anymore the get raised of there hand no matter what the hand is. And sometimes they get paid of for them mistakes and when this happens to you a few or many times in a short period of times it might seem like something isn't right but unfortunatly it does happen that is what called varience and the reasin why we need a solid bankrollmanagement in the first place

A lot of people just gamble is this game and you will profit from them if you keep making logic and solid dicisions and nt let you're emotions get best of you and keep improving you're game and you will be moving up the limits in no time. :s_cool:
    • sviniata
      sviniata
      Bronze
      there's no such thing as bankroll management..
      its all luck.

what about the guy that lost half of his stack in a single hand on the final table of a 100000$ tourney, tilted, and the next moved allin with complete crap (some numbers)
      got called by almost everyone and became a chip leader because he hit quads?!

whay should I play poker, this is crap :) ..its not for me sorry

thank you :)
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sviniata
      there's no such thing as bankroll management..
      its all luck.

what about the guy that lost half of his stack in a single hand on the final table of a 100000$ tourney, tilted, and the next moved allin with complete crap (some numbers)
      got called by almost everyone and became a chip leader because he hit quads?!

whay should I play poker, this is crap :) ..its not for me sorry

thank you :)
      Its good that you are being honest with yourself and realise this is not the game for you. Anyone that can't handle the outrageous variance/luck involved in the game should definitely choose another hobby.

If you change your mind, believe me bankroll management is absolutely crucial. Its about being able to deal with the worst happening. It does also apply to the lucky guys, because many can win big then lose it all playing too high with their new winnings.
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      sviniata..maybe you could just play cash tables as i do,choose a table with a low average pot size,this will mean that the players on that table are playing very solid and intelligent poker and it will give you faith in poker again.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LONGPLAY66
      sviniata..maybe you could just play cash tables as i do,choose a table with a low average pot size,this will mean that the players on that table are playing very solid and intelligent poker and it will give you faith in poker again.
      Why would you want to play against solid opponents?? :f_confused:
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      because it makes the playing experience hugely more satisfying and enjoyable,i'd rather quit poker than be constantly involved in situations the op described..it kills the enjoyment of the game imo.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by LONGPLAY66
      because it makes the playing experience hugely more satisfying and enjoyable,i'd rather quit poker than be constantly involved in situations the op described..it kills the enjoyment of the game imo.
      Yeah if you hate money :)
    • Titicamara
      Titicamara
      Bronze
      Once I tried to crack JJ with 95o. But I wasn't successful. So don't lose hope.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      your preflop call was pretty fishy.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      poker is alll about taking the gamble. what more can you expect from a card game? :s_cool:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Money, it's about the money.
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      yesterday i played a smaller 5$ tournament, top 6 were paid (I think 13$ for 6th). one guy was clearly playing like an idiot, saying stuff like"nice hand" when someone hit his trips or whatever, and generally not the best pokerplayer on earth.
      this guy had fun raising or limping with any 2, and when I tried to push him off (me having ~20 blinds and him having ~40) with only 7 players left he chatted"you know, this hand is far too good to lay down" and called with 29s. I was happy because I had jacks ^^

some hands later I went all in with a crap hand as small blind vs tight opponent, he called me with a8s ( not as tight as i hoped^^) and i busted.
      just right now i went all in with J9 in a double or nothing and 9 blinds left, and had a 2-pair vs someone's aces.

earlier on this day I wanted to limp into a hand with 78s and just in the moment I wanted to click the "check" button the person before me went all in and the button turned into "call". I won with a flush vs his aces.

so,some people don't play to win money, they play because they want to show that they have a particulary small penis to compensate for, or to show that they are not interested in money or because they think it all comes down to luck anyway.
      other people do moves which look strange to a newbie, like calling with A8 at the bubble, or pushing crap hands, but these moves can actually be right and good.
      and of course there are misclicks. nothing more, no bad intentions involved.

you said you played a 10$ tournament? so i guessed you deposited 1000$ ?
      go and play the 1$ games, read some strategy articles and so on. or deposit some more money and hope to luckbox.
    • nonamezNET
      nonamezNET
      Global
      Originally posted by farbwenz
      yesterday i played a smaller 5$ tournament, top 6 were paid (I think 13$ for 6th). one guy was clearly playing like an idiot, saying stuff like"nice hand" when someone hit his trips or whatever, and generally not the best pokerplayer on earth.
      this guy had fun raising or limping with any 2, and when I tried to push him off (me having ~20 blinds and him having ~40) with only 7 players left he chatted"you know, this hand is far too good to lay down" and called with 29s. I was happy because I had jacks ^^

some hands later I went all in with a crap hand as small blind vs tight opponent, he called me with a8s ( not as tight as i hoped^^) and i busted.
      just right now i went all in with J9 in a double or nothing and 9 blinds left, and had a 2-pair vs someone's aces.

earlier on this day I wanted to limp into a hand with 78s and just in the moment I wanted to click the "check" button the person before me went all in and the button turned into "call". I won with a flush vs his aces.

so,some people don't play to win money, they play because they want to show that they have a particulary small penis to compensate for, or to show that they are not interested in money or because they think it all comes down to luck anyway.
      other people do moves which look strange to a newbie, like calling with A8 at the bubble, or pushing crap hands, but these moves can actually be right and good.
      and of course there are misclicks. nothing more, no bad intentions involved.

you said you played a 10$ tournament? so i guessed you deposited 1000$ ?
      go and play the 1$ games, read some strategy articles and so on. or deposit some more money and hope to luckbox.
      Hi!

From what he says and i what i understood he deposited $10 to play that tour :)

I agree about what you said.
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Silver
      AK vs QK, JJ, 22 & J6? I dont think there was ever any doubt that the J6 was going to win.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      You are right OP, it's way more possible that a superuser is around fulltilt $10 tournaments rather than just sucking at poker like me or you or 95% of the player pool.

But I use this code to not get sucked out anymore and It's working, type this into the chat:

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I think I did it again
      I made you believe we're more than just friends
      Oh baby
      It might seem like a crush
      But it doesn't mean that I'm serious
      'Cause to lose all my senses
      That is just so typically me
      Oh baby, baby

OOPS I did it again
      I played with your heart
      and got lost in the game(oh baby baby)
      OOPS you think i'm in love,
      that i'm sent from above
      i'm not that innocent

You see my problem is this
      I'm dreaming away
      Wishing that heroes, they truly exist
      I cry, watching the days
      Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways
      But to lose all my senses
      Baby, oh.

OOPS I did it again
      I played with your heart
      that i'm sent from above
      i'm not that innocent
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      You are right OP, it's way more possible that a superuser is around fulltilt $10 tournaments rather than just sucking at poker like me or you or 95% of the player pool.

But I use this code to not get sucked out anymore and It's working, type this into the chat:

I think I did it again
      Oh baby
      Oh baby, baby

OOPS I did it again
      I played with your heart
      that i'm sent from above
      i'm not that innocent

You see my problem is this
      I'm dreaming away
      Wishing that heroes, they truly exist
      I cry, watching the days
      Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways
      But to lose all my senses
      Baby, oh.

OOPS I did it again
      I played with your heart
      that i'm sent from above
      i'm not that innocent
      Mods! Remove this post, the information is way too valuable to be shared with public
    • AcesBreaker
      AcesBreaker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh

I think I did it again
      Oh baby
      Oh baby, baby

OOPS I did it again
      I played with your heart