This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQo multiway pot

• h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Party Poker $10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1107114
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $19.96
      BB: $10.15
      UTG: $13.53
      Hero (MP): $10.45
      CO: $11.41
      BTN: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with K :spade: Q :club:
      UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.60) 2 :spade: 3 :spade: Q :spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $1, UTG folds

Turn: ($3.60) J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.71, Hero calls $1.71

River: ($7.02) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.33, Hero folds

Opp 29/9/1/38/35(vpip/pfr/AF/wtsd/hands)
      I really was like wtf, how should I play this hand during the session,I wasn't that attentive that it actually was a 5-way pot as I was like 10-12 tabling at that moment.
      Question 1: Should I bet on flop, or should I check/call?
      Question 2: The passive fish starts betting into me on turn, so I was thinking like wtf he could have there?Set?Flopped flush??QJ?
      I was thinking during the hand that I might be drawing dead against Ahigh flush, and against set for my two pair,trips.
      I still find a late fold,which I think is good.

Pretty ugly hand,I misplayed it imo.
      Some feedback is highly appreciated.
      I need some light here.
      Thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello h0m1e,

Preflop: Actually I don't really like the Call here, since we really don't want to face a multiway pot with such type of hands, rather play them in headsup. Therefore I might even prefer to fold it.

As played
      Flop: Yeah, likely being in such a multiway pot, I'd rather prefer to Check behind and hopefully see a free showdown or decide whether I bet it on turn or not.

As played if Flop was Bet
      Turn: He could any kind of hand have there, as you mentioned sets/flushes etc and likely even such lines are often pretty strong and you might even consider folding it here to avoid any further mistakes for example flush comes or K comes or even another Q comes, we would put just ourself into hard decisions when he decides to shove. We also show aggression on flop, and he should be aware of that we are having a hand but still decides to donk which is a strong line.

As played if Turn was Called
      River: Yeah, likely better to fold.

Best regards.