Stacks:
      UTG MegaM9c ($15.09)
      UTG+1 Hero ($11.31)
      CO Fuava ($10)
      BTN QTPQ ($9.20)
      SB imreq ($3.94)
      BB DiGu ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 Q:diamond: A:diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, DiGu raises to $1.30, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: J:diamond: 5:diamond: Q:spade: ($2.55, 2 players)
      DiGu bets $1.32, Hero raises to $2.70, DiGu raises to $5, Hero calls $2.30

Turn: 3:heart: ($12.55, 2 players)
      DiGu bets $3.70, Hero calls $3.70

The Villain is TAG player with (15/11/ aff 6 and 3bet 15.2%) over 100 hands.
      Since hes obviously 3bet lightly I decided to call hes 3bet.
      Flop was seemingly nice we cought TP and nut flush draw.
      He cbets and I decided to raise him, and he re-raised me.
      If I didnt had FD that would be fold, but I called him with intention to go broke.
      That was what I did.
      Jb always reminds me that if I want to play for SD I should at least have 2pair of stronger, but I always find a way to avoid hes more than good advice.

Please evaluate.

cheers
  • 5 replies
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Imo if you want to play for stacks, I would get it in on the flop where you have better equity than on turn.
      His 3bet on flop indicates a better hand than yours,what did he had ?JJ,QQ,KK,AA?
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      JJ .
      I felt so naive at SD!

Thx
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sinnology,

Preflop: Actually I don't like the Call, his 3bet is way too strong and we often might even not play profitable such spots, rather just Raise/Fold.

As played
      Flop: I'd raise it to $4 and likely get it in on flop with our TP+nutFD.

Best regards.
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      What do you think about the idea to just call the flop and reevaluate on the turn, since we only have 42 equity against his stacking off range (JJ+) and he might have hard time folding if we hit our flush?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Indahaus
      What do you think about the idea to just call the flop and reevaluate on the turn, since we only have 42 equity against his stacking off range (JJ+) and he might have hard time folding if we hit our flush?
      Yeah could be also considerable, but the problem is that he might not pay us off then when we hit the flush, but definitely doable and ain't wrong, for example if we are against such hands as you mentioned. Sometimes is also that we make fold the worse hands in flop but with Calling we keep them in pot.