$9.41
      BB:
      $9.79
      UTG:
      $9.23
      Hero:
      $10.71

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , T:heart:
      UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 4 folds, SB calls $0.45, BB calls $0.40, UTG folds.

Flop: ($1.60) A:club: , Q:club: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.2, SB calls $1.20, BB folds.

Turn: ($4.00) 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.2, SB calls $2.20.

River: ($8.40) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB raises $5.51 (All-In), Hero calls $5.51.

Final Pot: $19.42

Open raise in MP1 ith AT isnt standard obv but the table is pretty tight. I flop top pair and C-bet the flop to protect against FD and get value from weaker Ax and maybe 1 street from Qx. I bet the turn IP for the same reasons, but also with the intention of checking behind any river card as I dont think I'm strong enough to get value. He shoves into me on the river. I play a lot live and this only ever looks like a bluff to me with missed clubs. If he has a 5 its pretty speww i think. So I call. Is my play okay here?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Actually I don't like the raise that much, I'd rather just fold it from MP1, way too early.

As played
      Flop: I'd say pretty standard CBet for protection and also sometimes for value.
      Turn: Of course it could be considerable to Bet here to get value from FD but also our hand ain't that great, a lot of Ax beats us. Might even be better than just an Ace. Therefore sometimes I am even taking pot control line in such situations also to induce bluff from him.

As played
      River: As you said you bet the turn for Check behind and likely free showdown, then why you are even Calling such a shove? I play also live and never seen people making such a huge shove into us with just missed draws, I rather expect them to have ah and here. I am not Calling this one unless we have some good reasons for that.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      He had missed clubs, but I accept I probably shouldnt get into this spot. I honestly think he's raise the turn with any sort of strong ace or 2pair hand. His line is so weak. I guess if he shows up with A5 I look stupid. If I check back the turn for pot control, he's always betting the river with missed clubs and weaker hands than mine. Check back turn and call reasonable river bet would be optimal as played? other than folding preflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      He had missed clubs, but I accept I probably shouldnt get into this spot. I honestly think he's raise the turn with any sort of strong ace or 2pair hand. His line is so weak. I guess if he shows up with A5 I look stupid. If I check back the turn for pot control, he's always betting the river with missed clubs and weaker hands than mine. Check back turn and call reasonable river bet would be optimal as played? other than folding preflop.
      Yeah, exactly for that reason I would Check behind the turn, to induce missed draws to bet and also the bet wouldn't be that big and we had a lot easier to make the Call. :)
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Yeah. If I'm honest my turn bet is a bet thats trying to discourage him from leading into me with a bluff on the river because I don't want the tough decision. As it played I had to make the tough decision anyway.

I guess the fact he makes the call on the turn makes it more difficult to put him on a flush draw since he's getting such a terrible price.

Thanks!