[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKo IP

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I played this hand slightly cautiously because I had played a few hand against this player at the beginning of the session. He was 80% vpip for the first 50 hands till I got him all in with KK against QQ and he spiked a queen. Then he suddenly tightened up to like an 18/9 player over the next 200. I think he's betting all his pair/gutshot/air on the flop so I'm surprised to see him check anything. I choose to bet here to see where I am and he flats. At this point I think he has something huge like a set, straight, or maybe he's just got an underpair and doesnt want to have the pot stolen by one bet. I check the turn because I don't want to get checkraised. A set probably bets the river for value so maybe when he checks, it is safe enough for me to value bet? I just couldnt see what he was calling with. JJ TT and any underpair is folding here. I probably also miss some value here by not 3-betting for value preflop IP.

Known players:
      MP1:
      $3
      MP2:
      $17.09
      Hero:
      $10.55

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , K:diamond: . MP1 posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 5 folds.

Flop: ($1.05) K:spade: , Q:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.7, MP2 calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.45) 2:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.45) A:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.45
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Flop: You could even consider betting it a bit bigger, ~$0,80.
      Turn: I'd definitely Bet here for protection from any kind of draw and also value from weaker pairs or hands. And if he Check/Raises, then what? We have to protect! Usually when he does Check/Raise here, then he also has us beat, and we can lay the hand down, unless he is a maniac.

As played
      River: Definitely Bet for value, way too passive play.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Thanks!