[NL2-NL10] AQ NL2 Button

• Hilto
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB raises to $0.19, Hero calls $0.11.

Flop: ($0.39) J, A, Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $1.51, Hero calls $1.01.

Turn: ($3.41) T (2 players)

River: ($3.41) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.41.
      Results follow:

BB shows a straight, ace high(A K).
      Hero shows a full-house, queens full of aces(A Q).

Hero wins with a full-house, queens full of aces(A Q).

Part 1 of my question regards my pre-flop play: I'm not sure about the call after the BB re-raised me. The opponent did seem pretty loose, but I haven't seen much agression from him before. Should I have folded to a re-raise?

Part 2 - on the flop: I get 2 pair, and am a favourite against every hand except KT, AA, QQ and JJ. Opponent was agressive pre-flop, which probably means he had a strong hand, then conti-bets the flop. The pocket pairs were all inside his range, I doubt he'd play KT this way pre-flop. Should I have folded?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Hilto,

Welcome to the forum!! Good to have new people posting hands.

Since the preflop raise against us is that smallish then we can likely consider Calling and playing against him on flop, otherwise seems to be fine, I am also going broke on such flop. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • Hilto
      Thanks for the welcome and the hand eval. I just recently made the jump to bigstack, so I'll probably be posting some hands every now and then. Great site BTW.