[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - Do I really play that bad?

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $35,29
      Hero:
      $25,13

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, 2 folds, CO calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) T:heart: , 8:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1,99, CO calls $1,99.

Turn: ($6,83) K:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $2, Hero calls $2,00.

River: ($10,83) 9:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $7,75, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $18,58

I keep losing money in such spots again and again today. Is there anything I do wrong?
  • 7 replies
    • ikbty
      ikbty
      Bronze
      preflop and flop seems ok but I really dont see a reason calling the turn and thats more or less it.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      The turn call is fine as well. You don't wanna get bluffed out so cheaply on whats probably the best bluffing card in the deck. On the river you pretty much have to give him credit.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      The turn call is fine as well. You don't wanna get bluffed out so cheaply on whats probably the best bluffing card in the deck. On the river you pretty much have to give him credit.
      +1
    • ikbty
      ikbty
      Bronze
      I'd probably just preferred raising his silly turn bet rather then just calling. At least you will get some info about where you stand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      82/7 won´t really bluff that turn card and mostly valuebet for vor value starting with two pair and ending flush
      I think turn is fold, since you can´t call river and really no need to think 82/7 would bluff you on that spot that you should make thin calldowns especially when you´re going to fold river every single time if you miss your trips or A
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I dont like raising villains turn bet since then we turn our own hand into a bluff. It all depends on the villain as to whether he bluffs on the turn, but yeah, guess 82/8 should be pretty passive and these think donks are often exactly what they appear to be - gay value bets.
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      My reasoning behind the turn call was simply that he could play like that with a T in hand, because I Cbet too much (working on that, because it is a problem in my play) so he floats me each time he hits the flop (at least this is what I saw from a previous hand where he floated with the flop's 2nd pair). This call is based mostly on a read (through a few hands though, but I think it's better to play through an "uncertain" read rather than with no read at all, maybe I should have explained it in the main post.

TY for your answers.