This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Q2s

• koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think call on flop with gutshot + flushdraw was correct, however I doubt about the situation on turn. I have Q high straight so only KQ beats me here, but could take the pot with diamond on the river. Set/higher flushdraw(weak suited ace/K:diamond: J:diamond:) are also possible. So if it was right:
      1) to call bet on the turn and try to get a showdown as cheaply as possible when board paired;
      or
      2) shove - kick possible higher flushdraw out and expect to make a flush against KQ/get called by set? :f_confused:
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      BB:
      $1,35
      MP2:
      $2,03
      CO:
      $2,28

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , 2:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,02, BU folds, Hero calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,08) T:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 8:spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,02, MP2 raises to $0,04, CO raises to $0,06, Hero calls $0,06, BB folds, MP2 raises to $0,08, CO calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02.

Turn: ($0,34) J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,24, CO calls $0,24, Hero raises to $1,90 (All-In), MP2 raises to $1,93 (All-In), CO folds.

River: ($4,41) T:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,41

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a full-house, nines full of tens (9h 9s)
      Hero shows (Qd 2d)

MP2 wins with a full-house, nines full of tens (9h 9s)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello koosMaras,

Preflop: Actually I wouldn't really recommend limping such hands in the beginning, just fold them to avoid any kind further mistakes like Calling with TP or anything like that.

As played
      Flop: Calling with our FD+OESD should be fine, since they are giving us pretty good odds.
      Turn: And I'd likely also Check/Raise all-in here, as you did. Well done! Just unlucky river.

Best regards.