[NL2-NL10] NL2 Q2s

• koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think call on flop with gutshot + flushdraw was correct, however I doubt about the situation on turn. I have Q high straight so only KQ beats me here, but could take the pot with diamond on the river. Set/higher flushdraw(weak suited ace/K:diamond: J:diamond:) are also possible. So if it was right:
      1) to call bet on the turn and try to get a showdown as cheaply as possible when board paired;
      or
      2) shove - kick possible higher flushdraw out and expect to make a flush against KQ/get called by set? :f_confused:
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      BB:
      $1,35
      MP2:
      $2,03
      CO:
      $2,28

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , 2:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,02, BU folds, Hero calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,08) T:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 8:spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,02, MP2 raises to $0,04, CO raises to $0,06, Hero calls $0,06, BB folds, MP2 raises to $0,08, CO calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02.

Turn: ($0,34) J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,24, CO calls $0,24, Hero raises to $1,90 (All-In), MP2 raises to $1,93 (All-In), CO folds.

River: ($4,41) T:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,41

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a full-house, nines full of tens (9h 9s)
      Hero shows (Qd 2d)

MP2 wins with a full-house, nines full of tens (9h 9s)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello koosMaras,

Preflop: Actually I wouldn't really recommend limping such hands in the beginning, just fold them to avoid any kind further mistakes like Calling with TP or anything like that.

As played
      Flop: Calling with our FD+OESD should be fine, since they are giving us pretty good odds.
      Turn: And I'd likely also Check/Raise all-in here, as you did. Well done! Just unlucky river.

Best regards.