[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - ATo , how to play turn/river?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11,24
      BB:
      $8,05
      BU:
      $16,41

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , T:spade:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,30, Hero calls $0,25, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,90) A:heart: , T:diamond: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BU bets $0,5, Hero raises to $1,70, BB folds, BU calls $1,20.

Turn: ($4,30) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2, Hero calls $2,00.

River: ($8,30) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $8,30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (Ad 4c)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and tens (Ac Ts)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and tens (Ac Ts)

Villian is quite aggresive. (wasn't so aggresive before, had only like ~4.5AF
  • 2 replies
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      I would bet flop because you need to protect and get value from his worse hands and there are many ugly turn cards that will slow down the action.
      As hes very agressive and you see him cbeting allot your move is fine.
      On turn is kinda tricky because he called your raise so he could have some kinda draws but as he so agressive he would probably bet his draws on turn but in not sure since you c/r him on flop.River its clear value bet that 9 didnt changed much and his turn bet is kinda weak so maybe try to steal the pot since you checked.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: Fold it here. ;) Ain't worth playing with such a hand. Mostly I'd say for beginners you don't play them profitable.

As played
      Flop: The idea of Check/Raising on such board is great, we hit our 2pair type of hand and that's one of miracle hits what we went for preflop. Size should also be fine. The idea of Check/Raise was that he was PFA and then he is going to CBet most of the hands here and also if he has the Ace then might even pay us off or with any kind of draw.
      Turn: The 9 didn't change much, I might even consider Betting myself here.
      River: And likely playing for stacks here, only reasonable hand what beats us is TT but as long we are killing 1 T then it's not likely him to have the hand, more often just an Ace.

Best regards.