[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - QQ , donk turn?

• ragney
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, BU raises to $0,50, Hero calls $0,45, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1,20) J:club: , 9:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,9, Hero calls $0,90.

Turn: ($3,00) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($3,00) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,4, BU calls $1,40.

Final Pot: $5,80

I usually 3bet yes, but at that table I've been doing it too much (too much 3bet bluff, about ~33%), as I want to balance it out abit... And also hope the MP3 calls as well.

Villian somewhat nit/tight. Donk turn? Or this play is fine?
  • 2 replies
    • xero100
      maybe if you would be IP than playing pot with fish would be good. But as you said you had crazy table image so its even better to 3bet your QQ and you OOP so not that nice.
      OOP= more likely 3bet
      crazy table image = people will call your 3bet lighter and will get it in with weaker range.

as play you could even c/r this flop because vilain could put you on draws.
      I would lead turn because dont think hes 2nd barreling allot.And bet river more.
    • veriz
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: If you have been 3betting a lot then it's a perfect spot to to 3bet again, they are likely going broke with a lot worse since you have been so aggressive in previous hands, therefore 3Bet for value and likely go broke!

As played
      Flop: Since he was the PFA, I'd either donk out myself or just Check/Raise to protect from any kind of draws.

As played if flop was Check/Called
      Turn: Likely donk out here, since he can still Check behind a lot worse.
      River: Bet for value, ~$2 should do it.

Best regards.