Stack
      SB:
      $10
      BB:
      $13,23
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BU folds, SB calls $0,25, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,90) K:heart: , Q:spade: , 9:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,6, SB raises to $1,80, BB folds, Hero calls $1,20.

Turn: ($4,50) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2,00.

River: ($8,50) 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $8,50

Shove flop for protection?
  • 5 replies
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      seems fine but bet more on turn.
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      if you think you are ahead on flop then 3-bet/shove...i would do that

GL
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Actually it's kinda close, I'd often say that those players on those limits don't Check/Raise that often with just draws, most often they have a made hand, 2pairs+ and also there are a lot of combos which beat us. Therefore to avoid any further mistakes like Calling us on any X turn, which ain't helping the villain, I'd just Bet/Fold on flop. If you have some good reasons to continue there then give them out. As played of course against some aggressive players who likes to play his draws that way we can Call there but I'd Bet/Fold turn a bit bigger, ~$3.

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Actually it's kinda close, I'd often say that those players on those limits don't Check/Raise that often with just draws, most often they have a made hand, 2pairs+ and also there are a lot of combos which beat us. Therefore to avoid any further mistakes like Calling us on any X turn, which ain't helping the villain, I'd just Bet/Fold on flop. If you have some good reasons to continue there then give them out. As played of course against some aggressive players who likes to play his draws that way we can Call there but I'd Bet/Fold turn a bit bigger, ~$3.

Best regards.
      Yeah I wasn't sure what to do, as he was almost unknown. He showed K:club: J:spade:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ragney
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Best regards.
      Yeah I wasn't sure what to do, as he was almost unknown. He showed K:club: J:spade:
      Yeah I understood already from your question, that he had a weaker hand. But I'd rather not risk that often against such opponents. More often Check/Raise is a strong hand. I'd definitely take a note on him.