[NL2-NL10] NL QTs loose call pre-flop

• Kaitz20
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:heart: , Q:heart:
      5 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.70) T:diamond: , 7:heart: , 2:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $1, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.70) K:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.70) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot:
  • 5 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      i would've folded to his raise. The rest is wp though.
    • Thorsten77
      Given the good odds and position, calling is fine. I also like you line postflop, but I think I could not resist in making a thin value bet on the river.
    • Peter87
      preflop is okay. but i think there is a small valuebet on the river. so i would bet there about 2,5$.
      He would bet a K oder better hands on the flop/turn/river.. The only hand he would play c/c on the river, which is beating you is AT and perhaps he calls a smaller T (JT/T9 or even a 8/7).
    • Floating

But QTs was suited and there were two limpers and I had position:D . Anyway SB raised small and I should call because of the pot odds. [/quote]pot odds preflop,
      i have heard it mentioned before, but as far as i know the strategy articles dont mention this. where can i find info on this?
    • Thorsten77
      There's no article about it. Pot odds is just a figure specifying your risk-reward scenario: how much you need to pay to get a chance to win a pot of a specific size. For instance, in this hand you need to call additional 30 cent, but the pot is already 1,10$, so you're getting little less 4:1. Further, you are last to act (no reraise preflop is possible!), you have postflop position and your hand has a good playability. That's why I'd play the hand. If I'm the BB, I'd fold after the SB raise as I don't know if a reraise follows after I call and I also don't know how many other players call. Further, I have no more position in this hand which makes pot control and value extraction more difficult.