[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKs , tptk fold flop vs MSS?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $6,09
      MP2:
      $10
      Hero:
      $11,9

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , K:club:
      MP2 raises to $0,35, Hero calls $0,35, 3 folds, BB raises to $1,45, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1,10.

Flop: ($3,30) K:diamond: , Q:diamond: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB raises $4,64 (All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $3,30

Villian seems to be a passive fish. But would he shove with KJ? (the range I beat...)

Board: Kh Qh 6h
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 19.902% 03.87% 16.03% 690 2856.50 { AcKc }
      Hand 1: 80.098% 64.07% 16.03% 11417 2856.50 { QQ+, 66, AKs, KQs, AKo }
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: Not that great play I'd say, most often I'd even prefer to Raise myself this MP2 guy, but as played then I am not going to Call the 3bet against that kind of opponent, I'd rather just give it up to avoid any ugly spots.

As played
      Flop: You hit your TP type of hand, why are you now folding? What did you hope to hit? I'd Call it if I Called it preflop.

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: Not that great play I'd say, most often I'd even prefer to Raise myself this MP2 guy, but as played then I am not going to Call the 3bet against that kind of opponent, I'd rather just give it up to avoid any ugly spots.
      Villian is so aggresive preflop which is easier for me to play it postflop, hence the call. But guess I forgot that I'm ahead most of the time, so should 3bet just for value instead right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ragney
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Villian is so aggresive preflop which is easier for me to play it postflop, hence the call. But guess I forgot that I'm ahead most of the time, so should 3bet just for value instead right?
      Yeah, I'd likely 3bet there, as I mentioned. :) Good luck on tables!