Stack sizes:
      UTG: $25.50
      thunderbird56: $46.95
      CO: $7.80
      Button: $19.15
      SB: $40.75
      BB: $42.45

Pre-flop: (6 players) thunderbird56 is UTG+1 with A A
      UTG folds, thunderbird56 raises to $0.5, 3 folds, BB raises to $2, thunderbird56 raises to $5.5, BB calls $3 (pot was $6.85).

Flop: J 5 7 ($11.1, 2 players)
      BB checks, thunderbird56 bets $5.25, BB raises to $15, thunderbird56 raises all-in $41.95, BB calls all-in $22.45.
      Uncalled bets: $4.5 returned to thunderbird56.

Turn: 4 ($86, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $86)

River: 9 ($86, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $86)

Results:
      Final pot: $86
  • 5 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      about the hand:

raise just a little bit more preflop. Make it 7 instead of 5.5.

about the table:

you have a 650$ bankroll? Because ive only seen you around a couple of days, and it's hands like this one why you want to stick to brm. I would put him on jj-aa, so your postflopplay was correct, but these things just happen. You have to be able to accept them, and the only way you can accept them is when they don't hurt your bankroll.
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks

you have a 650$ bankroll? Because ive only seen you around a couple of days, and it's hands like this one why you want to stick to brm.
      Actually, i have $300 bankroll at the moment. I mainly play at NL10, this table is place where i play some extra profit from NL10 :D

Thanks for the comment!
      -thunderbird56-
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Please don't minraise AA from any position preflop. Postflop is hard because you are so deepstacked and I wouldn't want to go broke 2 stacks against a set (villain might easily call any pocketpair preflop to 4bet because you are so deepstacked and with your minraise - 4bet it's so easy for villain to put you on AA/KK and expect a big payout if he hits his set)

If you had played preflop better (normal 4xBB raise & 4bet to 12$ or so), then it would be easy all-in postflop.. but this way.. it's pretty tough decission in my opinion.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      Please don't minraise AA from any position preflop.

omg, i need to work on my reading skills. wth didn't i notice that??

well, that can be, but i think the point of cashtable brm is not just about the nr. of buy ins you want to have for a certain level.

I think the idea behind a good brm is, that you minimize variance, while moving up.

If you play nl10, you need 30 buy ins, so that is 300$.

For nl25, you need 30 buy ins, so that is 750$. But that is not 30 buy ins. That is, as many buy ins you can lose till you have to move down, which is at 650$, at which point you have 65 buy ins again for nl10. I think topping off big profits once in a while is no problem, but playing nl25 deepstacked as you were is not smart. I think the avg. win on 10 nl10 tables is much higher anyway, so i don't understand why you are moving up. Are you greedy? Or are you simply extremely eager to move up? Because if the latter thing is the case, it can be very dangerous. If you can't control and stick to brm in a machine-like way, this might really cost ya when you go tilt someday.

That was my advice, use it the way you want to, and good luck @ the (nl10) tables.
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze

Pre-flop: (6 players) thunderbird56 is UTG+1 with A A
      UTG folds, thunderbird56 raises to $1, 3 folds, BB raises to $2, thunderbird56 raises to $8, BB calls $3 (pot was $6.85).

please, never make this fish minraises. They are bad. Just raise 4bb first in and reraist 4 times of his raise.

You cannot fold you AA on this board. If he hold JJ it was bad luck