Move up NL

• Notuales1
      Notuales1
      Bronze
      Hello, I am new here, I just took my starting capital and i want to ask you, do its hard to move up at NL. I think i am start playing at NL2 and then i get a 100$ at my bankroll ill go in NL5 and so on. My aim is till the summer, go to NL25, how u think its will be hard? I think the best way is play FR till NL50 or more. That r u thinking about it?
  • 9 replies
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Just play tight aggressive.

Try not to get to much money in the middle with weak hands like just top pair. Grind it out stealing small pots and Continuation Betting most flops

Study your game and your opponents and you should be on to a winner.

I think there is more money to be made in 6 max but if your not that confident in your game full ring is ok to. Gl :s_thumbsup:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      volume + tilt control + discipline and anyone can do this, and yes i think fr is nice to play even higher than 50nl, I find it to be somewhat softer than 6max. ;)
    • Notuales1
      Notuales1
      Bronze
      after how much hands make my analyse? After every 10k?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I'd analyse after every session, you're biggest winners and losers and then after 10-15k hands go through your hands to see which are your biggest winners and losers overall :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Not only biggest winners or losers, while those are important most people only pay attention to those thus know how to play in big pots but overlook small to midsized pots from which comes the biggest edge @SSNL+ imo.
    • Notuales1
      Notuales1
      Bronze
      VPIP is should be about 9, PFR 6, FLOP CB 70 and Turn CBET 50? yes?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Slightly nitty but up until NL25 playing with those stats should turn a decent profit so yeah that's fine :)
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Notuales1
      VPIP is should be about 9, PFR 6, FLOP CB 70 and Turn CBET 50? yes?
      At nl2 and nl5 this should work for you and mayybe in nl10 but at nl25 you will have to adjust and loosen up a little becouse 9/6 is so fkin tight and exploitable on higher limits. But now you should focus on nl2 and nl5 so 9/6 will work well for you :) Look for value spots where fishes call to loose and just giving away their stack. Also keep in mind that position is power. Now you probably do not understand this fairly but trust me you will understand this on higher limits. Just keep in mind that ;)
      Study game. Look MANY videos, some of them twice or even more. Videos are very good tool to improve your game. Also read all articles on Pokerstrategy becouse you must have a theoretical game perception. So read, then re-read articles until you will fully understand what is written on that article. As I read in one of Pokerstrategy articles : Better read one article many times than many articles once. Then summarize the article and then summarize the summary. Gud lak. ;)

@cbet: do not fell in love with dry numerals. there may be 5 spots in a row there you should not cbet and there can be 10 spots in a row there cbet is +EV so just keep in mind that. But yeh in general your cbet should be arround 70 and turn cbet arround 50. And not cbet just becouse YOU HAVE TO :D there is nothing wrong to check behind if you feel that there can be trouble or your opponent fold to cbet 0. it is burning money if u cbet with air (or 2 overcards)on wet board against a fish who can have any2 or a draw and is never folding. Just keep in mind that :f_grin:

GUD LAK! :f_grin:

@about moving up: as nighfrostass said with good volume, patience, discipline, tilt control you can move up pretty fast. it's up to you how much effort you are willing to put in. FR is okay :f_thumbsup: of course it won't be easy. don't expect it to be. poker is not easy in general. this is the reason why so many people struggling with it and loosing. but you can make it easier by putting more effort than others. Just ENJOY your sweet poker journey :f_love:
    • Notuales1
      Notuales1
      Bronze
      Ok, Im finish my first session and 2k hands at FTP NL2. I am playing 10 tables at same time. My results not bad, but i made few bad desicions. My stats:

My FCB 67,8% and TCB 44.4%. Everythink looks good.

And also few better hands.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.01/0.02 Hold'em Cash Games, 9 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      CO: $2.69
      Button: $2
      SB: $.74
      BB: $1.89
      UTG: $1.80
      UTG+1: $2.03
      MP1: $.85

Why is -EV on HEM?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.01/0.02 Hold'em Cash Games, 8 Players

Board:
      CO: $1.62
      Button: $5.63
      SB: $3.58
      BB: $2.26
      UTG: $2.27
      UTG+1: $.65
      MP1: $1.36
      MP2: $2

Dealt to SB K:club: K:heart:

Pre-flop:
      (1 folds), UTG+1 calls $.02, MP1 calls $.02, (1 folds), CO calls $.02, (1 folds), SB raises to $.10, (2 folds), MP1 calls $.08, CO calls $.08

Flop: ($.35) 5:club: J:heart: 8:club: (3 Players)
      SB bets $.20, MP1 raises to $.40, (1 folds), SB calls $.20

Turn: ($1.15) 3:diamond: (2 Players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks

River: ($1.15) 7:heart: (2 Players)
      SB checks, MP1 bets $.30, SB raises to $.82, MP1 calls $.52

Results:
      SB Showed K:club: K:heart:
      MP1 Showed 5:heart: 5:spade:
      MP1 wins $2.60

I should here just call

Full Tilt Poker, $0.01/0.02 Hold'em Cash Games, 9 Players

Board:
      UTG: $2.10
      UTG+1: $.98
      MP1: $2.23
      MP2: $2.45
      MP3: $1.38
      CO: $2.86
      Button: $3.13
      SB: $.88
      BB: $2.18

Dealt to BB T:spade: 8:spade:

Pre-flop:
      (2 folds), MP1 calls $.02, (2 folds), CO calls $.02, (2 folds), BB checks

Flop: ($.07) 4:heart: 9:spade: 7:spade: (3 Players)
      BB bets $.04, MP1 calls $.04, (1 folds)

Turn: ($.15) J:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $.14, BB calls $.14

River: ($.43) K:club: (2 Players)
      BB bets $.26, (1 folds), BB returns $.26

Results:
      BB Showed T:spade: 8:spade:
      BB wins $.41

Nice one :)
      MP2: $1.97
      MP3: $2.22

Dealt to UTG+1 A:diamond: A:club:

Pre-flop:
      UTG calls $.02, UTG+1 raises to $.08, (1 folds), MP2 calls $.08, (2 folds), Button calls $.08, SB raises to $.74 and is all-in, (1 folds), UTG raises to $1.40, UTG+1 raises to $2.03 and is all-in, (2 folds), UTG calls $.40 and is all-in, UTG+1 returns $.23

Flop: ($4.55) T:heart: K:diamond: 5:diamond: (3 Players)

Turn: ($4.55) 4:diamond: (3 Players)

River: ($4.55) 9:spade: (3 Players)

Results:
      UTG+1 Showed A:diamond: A:club:
      SB Showed Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      UTG Showed J:heart: J:spade:
      UTG+1 wins $1.98
      UTG+1 wins $2.24