This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Coaching?

• Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      OK, I'm back.. Lol. Had given up on poker but got bitten by the bug again over christmas.

I have come back to sng's - currently playing the 9man $1.75's on stars but boy am I having a tough time. My game isn't too bad - I definitely have an edge over most players at this limit but I'm suffering so I must be making some blindingly obvious ICM mistakes and I want to get them sorted to move up the limits, no more farting about for me. I want some coaching.

What kind of prices do decent coaches charge? And are there any here willing to have a chat with me?

I know the first recommendation will be sng wiz and it's a good one but I've had a trial before and can't justify buying it until I've moved up to at least the $6.50's.

Which leads me to something else... I enjoy the 180 mans the most so my goal is to build a $400 roll and then move to them but who knows, after some coaching I may stick with the 9's so we'll see.

Any comments, thoughts or advice more than welcome.

Cheers
  • 2 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      My recommendation would be to buy SnG wiz and try some self analysis before getting coaching.

SnG wiz is 75-100 USD (forget exactly.. you might be able to find a discount somewhere). and 1hr of coaching will be $50-75 minimum (from a MS-HS reg).

so its pretty obvious that any coach cant teach you as much in 1hr as sng wiz can in your own time. It will take a bit more work and motivation to teach yourself some basics, but its the cheapest option for a micro-stakes grinder.

But if you still want some professional advice, here is some information about my private coachings.

Private coaching with lessthanthreee
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Cheers dude, that's a good point lol I obviously hadn't put much thought into the actual cost.