[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Suited aces against "Fishy" style

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze
      Those two hands are against the same player so I am posting them together..

First:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $10.50
      BB:
      $25.07
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $11.98
      CO:
      $8.22
      BU:
      $11.39

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.60, 2 folds, CO raises to $8.22, Hero calls $6.62.

Final Pot: $16.94.

I am not sure about that hand..
      Villian was very loose passive preflop (VP 58, PFR 8 in 85 hands) and made some uncontrolled moves previously (preflop and postflop).
      Since he just called initial raiser, I didn't put him on a monster (QQ+, AK), especially with my two blokers. As I said, he is obviously very bad player and could have any two here in my opinion.. But I am still not sure..
      What do you think?

Second:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $10.99
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $10.30
      BB:
      $12.09
      MP3:
      $15.85

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, A.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 5, 6, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($3.25) A (2 players)
      BB bets $1.90, Hero raises to $4.39, BB raises to $6.88, Hero calls $5.00, BB calls $2.51.

Final Pot: $22.03.

He was donk betting every flop so I thought it was good to just call his min 3bet with my middle pair. On the turn I didn't want to give up my two pairs against such an opponent.
      What do you think? Maybe I made a mistake raising preflop with him on the BB?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

First of all, please don't post more than 1 hand into 1 thread, it's a lot better for us to evaluate them, since we don't have to scroll down so much and stuff and also we could concentrate only on one hand.

Hand #1
      As you decided to 3bet him then you can't really fold anymore if you asking that but otherwise, I don't mind such play.

Hand #2
      Preflop: Nope, it ain't that big mistake, depends what kind of opponents are on blinds but usually it's doable, depending your postflop skills and etc, but as I see I'd rather don't advice you to take such raises.
      Flop: Bet/Fold, doesn't make sense to continue here, we could be already against a very strong hand and just putting ourself into trouble.

As played
      Turn: I'd rather just Call and reevaluate river at maximum, ain't worth shipping it right here.

Best regards.